Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill assist, ABS, and tire pressure light

Tropicc

All of these lights are on, the tire pressure light keeps flashing. The car runs and drives fine still. 

What happened was I let my mom borrow my 2010 prius, she popped one tire and buldged another one. She continued to ride on the rim for a while apparently, she ended up ditching my car for 2 days before she told me and when I fixed the tires these lights came on. I can't afford to take it in currently but I need my car for work. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, you have to run a diagnostic to check for fault codes , or if you prefer may just want to disconnect negative terminal of the 12v Battery for 20 min. Remember not to shut  the boot as is electrically operating and you won’t be able to open until you connect the Battery again. Just keep it open or out a towel over the lock. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicc said:

All of these lights are on, the tire pressure light keeps flashing. The car runs and drives fine still. 

What happened was I let my mom borrow my 2010 prius, she popped one tire and buldged another one. She continued to ride on the rim for a while apparently, she ended up ditching my car for 2 days before she told me and when I fixed the tires these lights came on. I can't afford to take it in currently but I need my car for work. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Tony has you spot on, have you 2 Toyota Prius ‘s as in your post it’s 2010 and in your profile it’s 2021 ??.

• Like 1

Hi, my daughter had a similar problem on her Skoda Roomster. With automatic tyre pressure sensors fitted, which you appear to have, then when the tyre pressures are all set to the correct reading there is a small button which you press to tell the computer system that those readings are now 'the normal settings'. From then on any difference in pressure, be it a slow leak or a full blow-out, will trigger the system and the light comes on.  She later checked the pressures and one tyre had to have a slight adjustment. This set off the warning light, the computer now appears to understand that the new pressure is not ' the normal pressure'. A simple press of the button re-sets the computer and the light goes out. I suspect that your car will have a similar system. I would look in your cars Drivers Manual for 'tyre pressures' and 'tyre pressure sensors'. That's where I found the details of how to re-set the system. 

Different make of car but the systems are universal.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Tropicc said:

When you say "I fixed the tires" do you mean that you fixed them personally or did you take them somewhere to get them fixed? I'm not totally familiar with how the TPMS system works on the Prius but if it uses bluetooth valves, I'm really hoping that you are not going to reply that you took the tires to a workshop and that they trashed the valves in the process of repairing the tires?