Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Delays on orders?

kinboshi

I've got a GR Yaris on order (Convenience Pack), but it seems there's a delay currently in them going in to build, due to a shortage of a part specific to the Convenience Pack. The standard GRY and the Circuit Pack cars aren't having the delay, and are actually being brought forward. 

Has anyone else heard of delays to other Yaris orders? I can't imagine there are (m)any parts on the Convenience Pack cars that are not found on the other GR Yaris cars, or aren't on other Yaris models (or other Toyotas). The main difference with the Convenience Pack is the safety systems, HUD, and the lack of some of the sporty suspension and differentials found on the Circuit Pack cars. But none of those safety systems aren't on other Toyotas - so surely a shortage of them would affect other Toyotas in production? 

Anyone heard anything about this? 

May be related to the worldwide shortage of (computer) chips which is affectibg several manufacturers.

Yes, that's what we were thinking. But it's odd that it would affect one pack of one model, and not others - unless others have been affected? 

It depends on the production line and the where it is in production, the GR will be on its own line, due to the "Just in time" production parts are produced for that product - as such there are no extra parts available that are not already allocated, Ford and GM have had to shut down lines as they dialled back production due to covid - meaning their suppliers reduced production, in turn the chips were not ordered, so they lose their production slot at the chip fabricators

If it is the chips, which seems likely, it must mean that the Convenience Pack GRY in the UK has a different chipset to the other UK packs, and also the JDM models - if they haven't been hit by any delays. I think Toyota has said that they wouldn't be affected by the issues, and maybe they stockpiled what was needed - except for the Convenience Pack GRYs... 

Just my luck! 

They may have picked up on a parts problem at the factory and are waiting on a delivery, it may be a wiring loom that is specific to that model

That's the thing though, it's not the model overall that's seeing the delays - it's just the UK "Convenience Pack". 

Not heard of any other Toyotas affected by a delay in production, and other GRYs are actually being brought forward! 

Sorry i meant model specification - base car, convenience pack and the circuit pack

there are some big differences between the 3, the euro spec cars gets a lot more toys too, RHD uses different looms compared to the LHD many modules are also configured differently

Maybe they have changed it to the 'Inconvenience Pack'......😷

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links