Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav4 locks itself when parked

Wwillsey

This has happened several times and is annoying. We live out in the boonies and don’t have to worry about leaving the keys in the car. We always leave them on the console. At least 5 times recently when we went to get in the car it was locked. The other fob is in my car at least 150 ft away in a steel garage. 2019 LE Hybrid. 
Anyone else seen this?

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, and the majority of members are in the UK. US models may be different in specification to European models.

If your car is a type 5 hybrid model the only way that it could automatically lock is if it is unlocked via the electronics but the door is not opened within 30 seconds. If the fob is left inside the vehicle it may also be possible that the systems ( car and key) are put into Battery saving mode after an extended period but I am not sure if the car would be locked in that situation. There may also be automatic locking of all doors when the system thinks you are inside the vehicle and driving. This is based on shift lever position and is customizable so you could disable it to see if there is any difference.

Hi

Pretty sure in the USA they have an app they use to remote start and lock the Rav.

Could be that