Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speakers blown?

RAVforme

I wonder if someone can help me. I have a 2005 RAV4 and recently, while driving, there was loud bang and my Speakers stopped working. I can still get the radio etc but without sound. I had a look online and found where the wires were and wiggled them and the sound came on for about 2 seconds and went out again. Here's the thing. I'm a grey haired older woman and the last time I tried to get a repair done they were going to charge over a grand. Someone else saw the problem straight away, fixed it and didn't even charge me. It took him about 3 minutes. How do I find a place who won't try and take advantage of me. I'm pretty fiesty but young blokes seem to see me coming. I've had a look online and I can see how to fix it but arthritic hands won't let me do it. Any ideas please. I'm in Melbourne, Aust. 

Moved to the Rav4 club to generate responses.

Could be any number of things. Where did you wiggle the wires? Is it the original head unit? Unlikely to be a problem with all the Speakers if the sound is intermittent, I'd say a loose connection behind the radio itself. Go to a reputable car audio centre and get them to replace the head unit with something modern.

Get a quote first for fitting of a radio you like? You don't have to say anything about it not working currently if you are paying them to fit a brand new unit. Kenwood, Alpine, Sony etc all do good cheap aftermarket radios. You will need a facia adapter and harness these should not be expensive at all...