Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs light

Locky508

After a broken wheel bearing and it being broken for a while and the car being used while it was broken , now has had a new bearing fitted , my abs light is on and vsc and traction lights are on , previous Owner says reluctor ring so it needs a new hub apparently? Any help would be appreciated, mot is next month and need to get it sorted before 

Pull the codes from the abs module, front or rear ? is the abs problem on the same wheel as the replaced bearing ? The front abs ring is part of the cv shaft/axle, the rear is a complete hub, the ABS ring on the rear is part of the bearing so non-user serviceable

Rear hub 42450-0h010 about £50 for a reasonable one

It sounds as like the car has seen a bit of abuse, the 1kr engines require regular maintenance with good quality oil and filter otherwise you're looking at timing chain and VVTi issues

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Pull the codes from the abs module, front or rear ? is the abs problem on the same wheel as the replaced bearing ? The front abs ring is part of the cv shaft/axle

Not quite the ABS ring is integral to the bearing, so the bearing has an inside/outside face, wouldn't be the first time the bearing has been fitted back to front so the speed sensor cannot pickup a signal.

image.thumb.png.eb02d05ec7c2066253010219deda06d8.png

I was thinking of the earlier system, i have seen the magnets shattered due to improper installation tho

there is the chance that it was but it backwards too

On 5/8/2021 at 1:11 PM, flash22 said:

Pull the codes from the abs module, front or rear ? is the abs problem on the same wheel as the replaced bearing ? The front abs ring is part of the cv shaft/axle, the rear is a complete hub, the ABS ring on the rear is part of the bearing so non-user serviceable

Rear hub 42450-0h010 about £50 for a reasonable one

It sounds as like the car has seen a bit of abuse, the 1kr engines require regular maintenance with good quality oil and filter otherwise you're looking at timing chain and VVTi issues

It was a front bearing that was changed , and it’s a 2013 , I really don’t have a clue mate 

8 hours ago, Locky508 said:

It was a front bearing that was changed , and it’s a 2013 , I really don’t have a clue mate 

On 5/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Not quite the ABS ring is integral to the bearing, so the bearing has an inside/outside face, wouldn't be the first time the bearing has been fitted back to front so the speed sensor cannot pickup a signal.

image.thumb.png.eb02d05ec7c2066253010219deda06d8.png

As Devon Aygo mentions could the front bearing have been fitted 'inside out'?

If the bearing hasn't been fitted correctly or been damaged when fitting it needs to be replaced - there is a chance that the sensor could have been damaged too

• Like 1