Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multimedia

Doyley3731

Hello all,

In the past week or so I've received a Toyota Corolla 1.8 2021 Icon hatchback.

I've been trying to register multimedia on the website/app but I'm having trouble finding the device ID.  I can't seem to find system information in the menu.  My device doesn't appear to be on the list of 4 it gives you as examples, but I tried following the instructions on each of them.  I've attached a couple of images in case they're helpful.
Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks

car.jpg

car2.jpg

Hi John.

I had the same problem when I got my Corolla. I can't remember the full details how I did it now but I do remember that I had to connect to a wi fi hot spot and then go into the Toyota Online menu in the car's info system. From there I was able to retrieve a long registration number which showed up on thr info screen. I then was able to go on the Toyota website on a pc and register my infotainment system.  All Toyota dealers will have a Wi Fi hotspot if you get stuck and may even help you with your problem.

You can't register multimedia as you do not have Toyota navigation, with Toyota navigation you get additional features and "online" appears as an option in the LH menu set here you add your account details and the car connects and the info appears on the app.

35 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

You can't register multimedia as you do not have Toyota navigation, with Toyota navigation you get additional features and "online" appears as an option in the LH menu set here you add your account details and the car connects and the info appears on the app.

Ah right.  Is that something I would have had to get the dealer to install, or is it something I can do?

There is no UK option for the nav as it's designed to be used with a mobile device with Android auto or Apple Carplay for the nav/apps

the manual is a European wide, English manual, so it covers lots of markets and options

The biggest downside is you need internet access to use most of the map services though there are a few options to use maps stored on your phone

You're not the first and sadly will not be the last to come across it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links