Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v battery disconnected, should I get a Hybrid Health Check now, or wait?

SheHateMeXFL

I have a Yaris Hybrid Excel 2014.

My last HHC was March 2020, which means I need to get another one since it's been over a year. However, I recently had a problem with my car (it wouldn't start), took it to the dealer's garage today and he disconnected the 12v Battery and reconnected it. The car seems fine (for now), but I've seen posts about HHC failing because of the Battery being disconnected, and having to come back for the check after ~300 - 500 miles. 

My question is, if I go for a HHC now, it would surely fail, right? So should I wait until I have driven ~500 miles since the Battery was disconnected to book a HHC, or do I book one now, to get it logged first and then go back for another check (after however many miles they recommend)? I just don't see the point in booking my check if I know it will fail.

Hi, I am not sure you can book hhc on its own, been only available as part of the regular service at no extra cost. Best to speak to your dealer. If the car needs service again this will include the hhc. 
Regards 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, I am not sure you can book hhc on its own, been only available as part of the regular service at no extra cost. Best to speak to your dealer. If the car needs service again this will include the hhc. 
Regards 

I have read that the HHC is free as part of a service but £45 on its own. Although I will double check that if I am mistaken. Thanks for your reply

edit - you can get a HHC on its own

Edited by SheHateMeXFL
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SheHateMeXFL said:

I have read that the HHC is free as part of a service but £45 on its own. Although I will double check that if I am mistaken. Thanks for your reply

edit - you can get a HHC on its own

Thanks, that’s good to know. Battery health check is good especially if you run into trouble and decide to go through warranty for repair if you are eligible, otherwise the check itself does not warrant the Battery or inverter will work as the should for the next 12 or more months,. My point is no need to rush to do it, but if you want to stay covered best to stick with dealer/ manufacturer recommendations for service and maintenance. , and you know you are covered if anything goes wrong. 👍

• Like 1