Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo - 3 warning lights on dashboard

robwils

So got 3 lights up on the dashboard on our 2018 Aygo.

1) Malfunction Indicator lamp (yellow)

2) Slip Indicator

3) Tire Pressure warning light (flashing) 

Tested tyre pressures all spot on and have pressed reset but because light is already flashing its hard to see if it does anything.

Seems strange to have 3, anyone had this ?

Luckily still under warranty for another month so will contact dealers on Monday, but was wondering if anyone could shed any light ?

I had similar  - turned out to be one of the O2 sensors.

• Like 1

Thanks much appreciated, guessed it might be some sort of sensor, amazing how a sensor fault throws up so many warnings.

Hopefully a quick fix at the dealers..

• 2 weeks later...

An OBD II reader (On Board Diagnostics) is a really useful tool for this type of troubleshooting, and can usually tell you whether you should drive further or not.  They’re available from a few £ to a few hundreds on eBay, Amazon, and motor stores.  Even the most basic ones will give you a fault code which you can check online. I have two, a cheap £10 WiFi/Bluetooth one which is functional but a little gimmicky, and a £100 wired one which is far more reliable and functional.  They’ll also give you information such as water temperature which the Aygo display is lacking.

Thanks guys, yes turned out to be an O2 sensor, fixed under warranty, but havent got that luxury much longer ...

Turns out after 3 years a lot less is covered ?

@S_J_P can you let me know which OBD reader you have ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robwils said:

Thanks guys, yes turned out to be an O2 sensor, fixed under warranty, but havent got that luxury much longer ...

I was under the impression that Toyota have a 5 year warranty in GB Rob ??

9 hours ago, robwils said:

I have a https://www.scangauge.com which I attached permanently via Velcro to display fuel consumption data and temperature before this data was available on the Aygo displays.  I also have one like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scanner-Adapter-Android-Windows-Diagnostic/dp/B07883V8KC/ref=sr_1_30?crid=3M2YHJCNK5FBT&dchild=1&keywords=obd2+code+reader&qid=1621577082&s=automotive&sprefix=Obd%2Caps%2C205&sr=1-30 which is wireless, but I rarely use it.

Both were purchased a decade ago, so you’re probably better off just searching for more up to date reviews of OBD2 readers.  Searching eBay or Amazon for OBD2 reader or scanner throws up a huge number of hits.  

• 3 months later...

This has happened to me tonight. What did yours prove to be in the end? 

O2 sensor as per the posts above.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I've had this for 3 years and had a o2 sensor replaced before the lights started coming on. I've now been recommended to try putting supper unleaded petrol in tank instead.

• Like 1