Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone holder

romfordtony

Hi can anybody recommend a phone holder for the aygo. I used a vent mounted holder in my last car but this is not possible with the aygo. I use the phone as a sat nav.

RomfordTony,
Did you find a good solution? I am seaching a solution as well 🙂 

Definitely the Brodit Proclip - I've bought one a few months ago and it's really good.

655035.jpg

You will need to be aware of two things: first, it's a two parter meaning you have to buy the Proclip as shown in the picture, and then an actual phone holder that you screw / tape onto the holder. The other thing is there are two versions - one that fits with AC and one that fits with climate control. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 7:28 AM, Wiz201 said:

I got the touch screen but i cant get it to work? as in, my phone wont connect. any tips? im looking for a Mod edit phone holder just because i do need to satnav sometimes so having to use my phone instead atm!

If you've got a fairly up to date iPhone it should work via Apple car play? you'll need to use a USB cable to connect it first time.

3 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

If you've got a fairly up to date iphone it should work via apple car play? you'll need to use a USB cable to connect it first time.

It may not have the tripleplay radio (3 knob), just the standard X-touch (2 knob) what was still used up to late 2019

As for phone mounts, you can't go far wrong with the Brodit proclip system

If it's an iPhone 11 and newer the radio may require a firmware update

Bought this as shared by another member years ago:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cinati-Nonslip-Dashboard-Silicone-Non-Slip/dp/B07VBM3J2G/

If you don't mind that sitting on top of your speaker, and the phone screen reflecting on your windscreen at night (due to the placement of the phone), this is a pretty good solution I think. Probably you'd want to secure it using tapes but at least it's just simple and it works.

There are other similar products on Amazon so long as you got a way to fix it above the speaker it should work fine.

I use the Macally MCUP2XL that goes in the cup holder and has 20cm of height that can be moved into the right place to view and avoid the hand hitting it when using the gear stick .  I wouldn’t use the 10cm version as it would be too low.

One thing to be aware of is the release mechanism works slowly in cold winter temperatures so you just need to let it happen at its own speed rather than forcing it.

C9EF3982-219A-4B34-B03A-9CC48BEA6325.jpeg

• Like 1

Whatever you do, don't buy one of those phone holders with a suction cup. I bought one for my 2016 Aygo to sit between the screen and steering wheel and it doesn't stay put. I'm now considering buying the Macally MCUP2XL that Lakeuk posted above because I have two phones: a work phone (iPhone SE (2022)) and a personal phone (Samsung A50).

(Yes, i know Dual SIM phones exist, I have one and hated it from day one so I now lug 2 phones around).

The Brodit Proclip system is pretty good as well, i know Brodit has a universal phone holder, but you can't easily switch between two different phones. And i want to switch between phones..

1 minute ago, Grote_Smurf said:

The Brodit Proclip system is pretty good as well, i know Brodit has a universal phone holder, but you can't easily switch between two different phones.

The Brodit holders exude quality, but, true, you can't quick release different holders for phones of wildly different dimensions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stopeter44 said:

The Brodit holders exude quality, but, true, you can't quick release different holders for phones of wildly different dimensions.

Yep. I had one in one of my previous cars and it was solid as a rock. The only thing that bothered me was that the climate control unit sat slightly off center because of it and it sat at knee height. I've had passengers knocking their knees against it. In my Aygo that wouldn't be the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I bought the Macally MCUPPOWER (Amazon) and it works pretty well. It's not the most elegant solution but it works. But the 12v is a bit wonky. My iPhone constantly plays the charging beep, so i might exchange it for the regular, non-powered version

The beeping 'issue' is solved. The 12V plug wasn't seated right 😕

So far I'm pretty happy with this thing 🙂

• 4 months later...

Anyone seen any newer products since this was last updated?

Looks like the Brodit Proclip is my best option, I would have prefered something central so I can charge my phone without long trailing wires. The cup-holder mount doesn't apeal as it sits so low, I'd prefer not to look so far down. 

I did see someone using one mounted above the touch screen, phone hanging vertically partially in front of the screen. Unfortunately we were on the motorway at the time so I couldn't see very well (don't worry, I was the passenger at the time!)

TIA

Another Plus for Brodit Proclip, on the pricey side but well worth it. 

• 1 year later...

Thread bump and stupid question time.

Looking for an Aygo phone holder. With the Brodit holders, do you buy the clip, then have to buy a phone specific holder to attach to the clip?

Yes Brodit is 2 parts.The mount and then the phone holder.I,ve got one and its great.I have the iPhone 12 pro max.

• Like 1