Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 D4D Boost gauge and Manual boost controller

Coal-Rolla

Today I tried installing a turbosmart boost gauge and a turbosmart manual boost controller to my 2.0 d4d corolla.

I used a t section on the boost pressure sensor line on the front left of the motor for getting a boost reading for boost gauge, however it is reading wrong. I have read this is due to diesel boost gauge setups require a different method, and need to be plumbed in? Im wondering if anyone has done this and could please give some advice as to where to plumb in the boost gauge line.

Secondly, I added the manual boost controller tee on the line leading into the top of the wastegate, which I never ending up opening the boost tee up much as my gauge wasnt reading correctly, and after shutting the car off the wastegate/boost tee made a loud deep hissing noise of air being released.

Any help or advice would be appreciated 

Cheers, 

Taine 

What is the gauge rated to ?

What country are you from ? South Africa ?

The gauge is rated to 30psi

The car should be running around 13-14, and thats also what my ob2 app torque says. However its reading 20-22 psi

Im from new zealand