Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DPF Pressure Sensor causing bad MPG?

Infiniti

6 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

At least we know we are all experiencing the same symptoms! Hopefully we can figure it out together and solve the issue!!

I hope so or else i dont know what im gonna do, ive already spent too much in my opinion.

Turbo went bad and had to be replaced then this. 

3 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

I hope so or else i dont know what im gonna do, ive already spent too much in my opinion.

Turbo went bad and had to be replaced then this. 

I mean for me it isn't a detriment like a turbo going, the car is fine and will drive. However, it's annoying and very possibly worsening my fuel economy, which is a pretty annoying inconvenience!

30 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

I mean for me it isn't a detriment like a turbo going, the car is fine and will drive. However, it's annoying and very possibly worsening my fuel economy, which is a pretty annoying inconvenience!

Ah, my fuel economy is very bad last fill-up 15L lasted only 80miles and on top of that i feel bad for people behind me

I have also been adding dpf additives to the tank for a while and driving on the highway with high rpms. But it does not help.

2 hours ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Yes, almost exactly the same and i also thought that it was dpf regens but after some dpf additives and long highway miles and hard driving was still the same and i knew i had to investigate further and here we are

1 minute ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Ah, my fuel economy is very bad last fill-up 15L lasted only 80miles and on top of that i feel bad for people behind me

Wow! That is really bad! Do you drive the car aggressively? Or stick in low gears?

1 minute ago, Ikram Shahar said:

I have also been adding dpf additives to the tank for a while and driving on the highway with high rpms. But it does not help.

Me too, I use additives every tank, whether that be 2-EHN or Redex system cleaner.

6 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Wow! That is really bad! Do you drive the car aggressively? Or stick in low gears?

Nope I try to drive as normal as possible until it gets fixed. before this problem with the 5th injector and a bad turbo i was getting 120miles for 15L. 

1 hour ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

i was getting 120miles for 15L.

You should think yourself lucky.

2 minutes ago, Stivino said:

You should think yourself lucky.

what do you mean?. yours is worse?

I have a 2008 Avensis T180, it's my second one but the first one was exactly the same.  Most of my miles are done in town and I will get about 32mpg.  I went for a drive of 250 miles today, the computer said my figure for the drive was 45mpg.

1 minute ago, Stivino said:

I have a 2008 Avensis T180, it's my second one but the first one was exactly the same.  Most of my miles are done in town and I will get about 32mpg.  I went for a drive of 250 miles today, the computer said my figure for the drive was 45mpg.

I drive mainly 25-30 mile trips, use the low-down torque and rarely go above 3k RPM, with a tuning box on eco mode, and I get 36-37mpg normally 😞

Anyone tried disconnecting the 5th injector for a short while? Maybe 100 miles, monitor MPG and for smoke? If it's our 5th injector the cause. this should solve the issue?

Just now, Infiniti said:

Anyone tried disconnecting the 5th injector for a short while? Maybe 100 miles, monitor MPG and for smoke? If it's our 5th injector the cause. this should solve the issue?

thought of that but my mechanic told me it might throw the car in limp mode so I never tried it but I really want to.

1 minute ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

thought of that but my mechanic told me it might throw the car in limp mode so I never tried it but I really want to.

I may try it tomorrow, see what happens. I'll let you know if I can.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 12:59 AM, Infiniti said:

I may try it tomorrow, see what happens. I'll let you know if I can.

Hey,

Was wondering if you tried anything

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Hey,

Was wondering if you tried anything

Thanks.

I have, I disconnected the connector to the 5th injector to stop it receiving power or a signal. I have since driven about 45 miles on one journey, low down torque is better, no lugging in 3rd on a roundabout. My MPG has slowly begun to rise (My car's recordings, which have always shown MPG to be worse than it actually is!) and no grey smoke whatsoever. So to me this says it is either the injector, or the wiring loom connecting to the injector.

Our SR180s are a little bit different than the 2.0 that Ikram has, however his photos are accurate enough to where you can see what you need to do. My injector is filthy and covered in black, so I definitely want to replace it anyway!

However I was a complete idiot, I dropped a bolt into the engine bay while opening it, and it is nowhere to be found! It it the bolt which connects the fuel line bracket to the engine block, so now my fuel line is unprotected!! So I'm going to leave my car like this, not good for the DPF at all, but better than a fuel line potentially becoming hot and starting a fire 😕

So if either of you guys when removing the fuel injector can measure this bolt, length, width and thread length that would be amazing! So I can try and find the part I need, I will also send/ attach a photo of the piece so you can see what part I am talking about!

Hope this helps!

2 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

I have, I disconnected the connector to the 5th injector to stop it receiving power or a signal. I have since driven about 45 miles on one journey, low down torque is better, no lugging in 3rd on a roundabout. My MPG has slowly begun to rise (My car's recordings, which have always shown MPG to be worse than it actually is!) and no grey smoke whatsoever. So to me this says it is either the injector, or the wiring loom connecting to the injector.

Our SR180s are a little bit different than the 2.0 that Ikram has, however his photos are accurate enough to where you can see what you need to do. My injector is filthy and covered in black, so I definitely want to replace it anyway!

However I was a complete idiot, I dropped a bolt into the engine bay while opening it, and it is nowhere to be found! It it the bolt which connects the fuel line bracket to the engine block, so now my fuel line is unprotected!! So I'm going to leave my car like this, not good for the DPF at all, but better than a fuel line potentially becoming hot and starting a fire 😕

So if either of you guys when removing the fuel injector can measure this bolt, length, width and thread length that would be amazing! So I can try and find the part I need, I will also send/ attach a photo of the piece so you can see what part I am talking about!

Hope this helps!

that's actually kind of a relief to know that its that and nothing else.

I don't really know what bolt you lost but please attach picture maybe we can help. And also have you checked the plastic undercarriage under the engine? 

20 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

I don't really know what bolt you lost but please attach picture maybe we can help. And also have you checked the plastic undercarriage under the engine? 

Not yet, but I have driven quite far so I imagine it has fallen out by now! I’ll definitely have a look! 

it’s very much tempted me to get the DPF gutted, but I don’t want to, not with the risk of it!

3 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Not yet, but I have driven quite far so I imagine it has fallen out by now! I’ll definitely have a look! 

it’s very much tempted me to get the DPF gutted, but I don’t want to, not with the risk of it!

I am really tempted as well. There are people here that can reprogram out the dpf but i don't really know the consequences about this. 

24 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

I am really tempted as well. There are people here that can reprogram out the dpf but i don't really know the consequences about this. 

In the uk it fails the MOT and there’s a huge fine, as well as invalidating insurances 

12 hours ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Here is the bracket, on mine only one bolt was in use.

Bracket.jpg

16 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Bracket.jpg

the bolt that you dropped its from this bracket?. and if so which one right or left.

Hi. Sorry for not visiting this website for a while.

Infiniti when i dropped my bolt it went down under some wiring. So i tried to stick a magnet down there and it catched it. I will show a photo where mine landed. Another thing is i have a 5th injector coming in 29 May so when i replace it. I can measure the bolt you lost. 

My brother tried to block the 5th injector some how with a tool and blocked it. The wiring was connected and he drove it for some days and no smoke came out. So he removed the tool and the car of course smoked again. 

image.thumb.png.a201ddd2b7e40120dd91bd034bed805c.png

42 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Bracket.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Hi. Sorry for not visiting this website for a while.

Infiniti when i dropped my bolt it went down under some wiring. So i tried to stick a magnet down there and it catched it. I will show a photo where mine landed. Another thing is i have a 5th injector coming in 29 May so when i replace it. I can measure the bolt you lost. 

My brother tried to block the 5th injector some how with a tool and blocked it. The wiring was connected and he drove it for some days and no smoke came out. So he removed the tool and the car of course smoked again. 

image.thumb.png.a201ddd2b7e40120dd91bd034bed805c.png

Hey Ikram,

I went for dinner mid teardown and put all the parts in my boot, it was when opening the bonnet the bolt slipped out and fell into the engine bay somewhere. I tried to have a good search, and searched around moving components to make sure it hadn't fallen into a belt or anything and it was nowhere to be found. Since then I've driven about 50 miles, so I would imagine it is gone for good 😞

That would be great! I've messaged a few places which are breaking 180s in the hope they have the part available. Does your engine have the same bracket? If so it's much easier to find a 2.0 or a 2.2 breaking, rather than just the 180s!

Thank you!

Yes mine has the same bracket like yours 🙂

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links