Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF Pressure Sensor causing bad MPG?

Infiniti

58 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Hey,

I had this same thought. There is a small copper O ring which goes on the injector to keep it sealed, make sure you give it a clean if there is any carbon build-up, as this will also let you see if it is damage or cracked at all, if it is, buy a new one. If it looks alright I'm planning on reusing it.

🙂

Is it a special oring or something or i can find it in local parts store because i dont seem to find it on eBay.

43 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Is it a special oring or something or i can find it in local parts store because i dont seem to find it on ebay.

Absolute worst case scenario (It will probably be okay though), is your parts store within walking distance, or can someone give you a lift? Then you can take it and match it.

Either that, or you'll be putting it all back together having disconnected the cables, drive to the store with the copper O ring, drive back and do it all again.

Alternatively; if you have a propane torch or similar you can try annealing the copper too!

Mine was absolutely fine, and I'm sure yours will be too!

Sad news,

My mechanic changed the injector and it still smokes. He told me he will try diagnose it even more to try to see whats happening

Sounds weird. What could it possible else be? I hope your mechanic figure it out. Its weird because a lot of people have claimed they fixed it by replacing the 5th injector.

49 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Sad news,

My mechanic changed the injector and it still smokes. He told me he will try diagnose it even more to try to see whats happening

• Sad 1

Quick update,

It seems like it was just diesel residue that caused the initial smoke right after the replacement. My mechanic took it for a spin again and it was much better. Went to pick it up in the afternoon and he told me to take it for a spin on the highway for about 80km.

Took it and at first it was okay but after around 30 minutes it started smoking bursts every half minute approximately and I'm thinking it might started regenerating because its the  first time in a while on the highway. Came off the highway and it smoked a little bit.

From my drive in the town for around 20 minutes short trip it didn't smoke at all which means it might be fixed after all.

I will drive it around town for the next couple days and ill keep you guys updated

Thanks everyone,

Thanks for the the good news. 

Can you check if your gas milage is normal again after you have driven it a little bit more?

50 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Thanks for the the good news. 

Can you check if your gas milage is normal again after you have driven it a little bit more?

It was still high at 10.5L/100 but it may be due to the regeneration that it did on the highway plus a little bit of hard driving.

I will try updating tomorrow if i have anything new.

If someone else is going to change their injector on the weekend please keep us posted for results 

Ok. I will keep u guys posted 🙂

By the way the injector doesn't need any reprogramming its just plug and play

• Like 1

Forgot I still had this - unsure if it will benefit anyone as it seems we've all since replaced the injector!

Fifth Injector.pdf

Thanks for the file. But since yours did not stop smoking. Could it be anything related to the wiring?

Hey,

anyone replaced theirs and had any luck?

Also, an update. Smoke now is much less and only can be really seen when stopped at a red light but my question is can it be that it needs more time on highway to regenerate more due to lack of it with the old broken one?

thanks.

When i took out the old injector and installed it again the car smoked a lot more . Then it slowly stopped, but it still smokes. I would guess it needs more regenerate or something to clean the DPF with becuose the old injector was falling to clean the DPF and now its too much filled up with carbon due to the old injector.

Just wachted this vidoe about dpf smoke

He says every month he cleans the dpf and it stops smoking. And it comes back again. Thats why i think the 5th injector is failling in his case. 

https://youtu.be/cdafcuTPD18

Have you guys noted if it is white smoke or black? 

I changed mine yesteday and done 90 miles since, mainly 50-60s over atleast 10 mile distances and I have noticed no white smoke. 

For fuel economy, it’s pretty much the exact same amount I expected for my acceleration and journeys 😞

for me atleast, half the issue appears to be fixed. 

It’s worth noting, I haven’t seen my dpf regenerate at all, and it definitely needs to happen!

2 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Have you guys noted if it is white smoke or black? 

I changed mine yesteday and done 90 miles since, mainly 50-60s over atleast 10 mile distances and I have noticed no white smoke. 

For fuel economy, it’s pretty much the exact same amount I expected for my acceleration and journeys 😞

for me atleast, half the issue appears to be fixed. 

It’s worth noting, I haven’t seen my dpf regenerate at all, and it definitely needs to happen!

Mine disappeared for the most part only noticeable when stopped in traffic ill try to take it on a longer journey because i cut the regeneration too short. Also you have to be doing at lest 2200 rpm for me at least  

Good luck everyone.

My injector is currently delayed and I will install it as soon as it arrives.

• Like 1

Anyone has any news yet?.

Yes. My injector has arrieved and i try to see if i can install today. 

Does your car still smoke and has it gotten any better?

1 hour ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Yes. My injector has arrieved and i try to see if i can install today. 

Does your car still smoke and has it gotten any better?

So far my car feels a lot more powerful after the new injector but it still smokes but better than before. Now we are thinking that it might be the injectors or another thing that its the next thing we will try is that maybe the ecu is stuck on regenerating or something and we gonna try force regenerating while on highway and hopefully reset some values.

I hope everything goes well for you and not have to deal with it anymore .

Thanks. I checked my normal injectors by disconnecting them while the engine was running and plugging them back in. I saw no fault in them. Im gonna swap the 5th injector now 🙂

I have reseached a lot on youtube too on comments. Some people said they fixed it by resetting the ECU by taking the Battery out in 15 min. Some people also fixed it by after installing a new DPF injector they reprogrammed the ECU.

Just in case if someone is still wondering what the 5th injector is doing.

Watch from 2.30 to 3.20

• Like 1

Just a quick update. Im right now in the process and i have done various different testes. The old injector has failed both of the testes. I took the new injector and plugged it and made it spray in a bottle. So i drive on highway for 15 min. I looked and there was really small amuont of fuel in the bottle. And after i did the same the old one. I drove 15 min on highway. After i stopped and checked and i saw the 1/5 of the bottle was filled up. Which is what makes it have bad gas milage. I will update you guys later. I did more tests and im writing on my phone. So im updating you guys later with some picktures.

• Like 1

The smoke is gone. I drove it in city and floored it and the smoke is not to be seen.  

In yesterday we tried to see if the old and the new even would spray fuel. We gave it a couple revs but nothing came out. Then we realese the engine was not warm and it always smokes when the DPF is fully warm. 

Below the vidoe is more text.

After I took a bottle and plugged it so if it would spray fuel. It would be collected in the bottle. Then we drove it with the new injector and the car was in limp mode due to we took the air filter box out. We could hear the turbocharger making a nice sound. After we stopped at a parking place and we saw there were really really small amout fuel in the bottle. After we drove with the old injector and we stopped again and this was the suprising part. The old injector had sprayed way more fuel than the new one. On a 15 min drive on highway this is how much fuel wasted. You will see the photo below how much it there was. It dosent seem to be much but the new one sprayed the same amount as a saliva. And yeah this is where my fuel went and i was getting bad gas milage. This was on highway where it never smokes, but imagine in city.

After we stopped in the garage and the old injector was on. We saw in every rev there were coming fuel out. But with the new one only it only sprayed sometimes and way less amount. 

Remember when i showed photos of the old injector. It had a black hole in it and the new did not seem to have any becouse its so tiny. The old one sprayed to much fuel due to the hole was way bigger than it should be.

Amount of fuel the oId injector sprayed

image.thumb.png.5845fe69000276d3e6ba15c541c87f5d.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ikram Shahar said:

The smoke is gone. I drove it in city and floored it and the smoke is not to be seen.  

In yesterday we tried to see if the old and the new even would spray fuel. We gave it a couple revs but nothing came out. Then we realese the engine was not warm and it always smokes when the DPF is fully warm. 

Below the vidoe is more text.

After I took a bottle and plugged it so if it would spray fuel. It would be collected in the bottle. Then we drove it with the new injector and the car was in limp mode due to we took the air filter box out. We could hear the turbocharger making a nice sound. After we stopped at a parking place and we saw there were really really small amout fuel in the bottle. After we drove with the old injector and we stopped again and this was the suprising part. The old injector had sprayed way more fuel than the new one. On a 15 min drive on highway this is how much fuel wasted. You will see the photo below how much it there was. It dosent seem to be much but the new one sprayed the same amount as a saliva. And yeah this is where my fuel went and i was getting bad gas milage. This was on highway where it never smokes, but imagine in city.

After we stopped in the garage and the old injector was on. We saw in every rev there were coming fuel out. But with the new one only it only sprayed sometimes and way less amount. 

Remember when i showed photos of the old injector. It had a black hole in it and the new did not seem to have any becouse its so tiny. The old one sprayed to much fuel due to the hole was way bigger than it should be.

Amount of fuel the oId injector sprayed

image.thumb.png.5845fe69000276d3e6ba15c541c87f5d.png

Really happy to hear that you got it sorted out.

Thank you so much. I will still try to help you guys sort it out 🙂

What does your mechanic think what causes the smoke?