Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF Pressure Sensor causing bad MPG?

Infiniti

Just now, Ikram Shahar said:

Thank you so much. I will still try to help you guys sort it out 🙂

What does your mechanic think what causes the smoke?

Right now, he thinks that maybe the ecu is stuck on regenerating and we might reset the ecu or try force regeneration while on highway.

Did you reset the ecu when you changed the injector?

I disconnected the Battery and waited 5 min and after i turn on the lights, so after 10 min there is no power in the modules and the car should be resetted. Then just connect the Battery.

5 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

I disconnected the battery and waited 5 min and after i turn on the lights, so after 10 min there is no power in the modules and the car should be resetted. Then just connect the battery.

I might try that today and see what happens, is there anything i should know after connecting the Battery back?

thanks,

After connecting the Battery, turn the key to on position and give it 30 sec to think. Your radio, clock, bluetooth and some modules is progamming after reseting.

Please if you have never tried to disconnect a Battery and connect again. Get someone else to do it becouse it can be dangerous.

Wait just a quick important add. Remember to turn lights off before reconnecting Battery.

does the radio require some kind of code or not when resetting 

No. It will just forget the saved stuff such as FM, AM channels you have saved. No recoding needed.

8 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

No. It will just forget the saved stuff such as FM, AM channels you have saved. No recoding needed.

thanks, will try that and let you know.

Hey guys,

I've driven around 200 miles since changing my injector. My DPF definitely needs to regen (After around 300 miles of no DPF injector), and I tried to force it to regen on a motorway drive the other day with no luck. My MPG has been pretty terrible this tank of fuel, but that's because I drove a 120 round trip half of which was in towns with traffic, loaded with four people and a boot full of luggage, so not exactly an apples to apples test. 

However, after my next tank of fuel I'll update on here regarding my MPG to see if the fuel injector has made a difference to that. One thing I will note is that the issue of white smoke has completely vanished, which is definitely a positive!

In regards to the Battery disconnect, I also did this while changing the fuel injector, you probably should anyway due to unplugging an injector where there is a change of diesel leaking.

What about you guys mpg did it change after the new one? mine didn't change at all

My car does not smoke anymore but the MPG is changing slowly

• Thanks 1

Have you noticed any difference since replacing the 5th injector?

3 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Have you noticed any difference since replacing the 5th injector?

Yes, the car feels much better and pulls harder but when it starts to smoke its like I'm loosing power.

There is defently something. What is your MPG? 

33 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

There is defently something. What is your MPG? 

cluster display says 10.8L/100km

Hello. I have been busy. Just a quick update.

My car is still smoking rarely and the MPG has gotten better than before were it was 7km/L after replacing the DPF injector. Now it says around 10 - 12. I dont belive what the MPG cluster counter says because its not true and i pretty much take it as a joke. I only belive the range counter and i can feel by the usage of gas the car running more economical.

Earlier Today i saw a Avensis in trafic smoking like my car did when the the bad DPF injector was installed. And i have even seen some Avensis for sale saying it smokes sometimes when flooring it. 

Any updates Mariosskoutaris or Infiniti?

2 hours ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Hello. I have been busy. Just a quick update.

My car is still smoking rarely and the MPG has gotten better than before were it was 7km/L after replacing the DPF injector. Now it says around 10 - 12. I dont belive what the MPG cluster counter says because its not true and i pretty much take it as a joke. I only belive the range counter and i can feel by the usage of gas the car running more economical.

Earlier Today i saw a Avensis in trafic smoking like my car did when the the bad DPF injector was installed. And i have even seen some Avensis for sale saying it smokes sometimes when flooring it. 

Any updates Mariosskoutaris or Infiniti?

My mechanic took it on the highway yesterday and did a force regeneration. Haven't had much time to test it out but i thinks still smokes but a lot better. Will give it a try on monday when i don't have work and see what happens .

Ok. I have noticed if the car runs in city for 20 min it sometimes smokes. But if i take it on highway after it cleans it self up, so no more smoke in city and highway. But the car rarely smokes and does it when i floor it unesserely.

1 hour ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Ok. I have noticed if the car runs in city for 20 min it sometimes smokes. But if i take it on highway after it cleans it self up, so no more smoke in city and highway. But the car rarely smokes and does it when i floor it unesserely.

mine does this as well it mostly smokes in the city 

Hey everyone,

Mine stopped smoking for a couple hundred miles completely, and also no regen happened. However the past 100ish miles my car has produced white smoke maybe 3 or 4 times. So it has definitely reduced!

As for MPG, I'm noticing no difference at all sadly 😞

16 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Hey everyone,

Mine stopped smoking for a couple hundred miles completely, and also no regen happened. However the past 100ish miles my car has produced white smoke maybe 3 or 4 times. So it has definitely reduced!

As for MPG, I'm noticing no difference at all sadly 😞

Almost the same here as well, don't know what else to do might try having an expert do a injector test on all 4 engine injector too see if they are the problem

19 hours ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Almost the same here as well, don't know what else to do might try having an expert do a injector test on all 4 engine injector too see if they are the problem

For you that may be worth it, however for my case I don't believe it would be. I know you get far worse MPG than me, and the £400-£600 injectors, even if the test found one or two to be sub-par, it wouldn't be worth me repairing or replacing them!

However for general knowledge I would definitely be interested in hearing/ seeing the results, so please let us know!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It has been a while now. My car still smokes and mpg is still the same. Has anyone solved their problem and any updates?

41 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

It has been a while now. My car still smokes and mpg is still the same. Has anyone solved their problem and any updates?

My car pretty much doesn't smoke anymore, other than the occasional puff when I've floored it like most diesels will. My MPG has also stayed pretty much the same, I've recently driven to Cornwall and back, around 300 miles each way stuck to pretty much 70 and returned an incredible 39mpg.....  I was pretty heavily loaded on the way down, but on the way back I was far lighter and mpg was still at 39.

So for me, I think my injector probably was in need of replacement, and my MPG is just classic SR180 mpg with the only real solution being a gutted DPF, but that obviously carries a lot more potential issues legally!

Mine hasn't changed either it still smokes and currently im trying to save some money to get my injectors checked.