Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DPF Pressure Sensor causing bad MPG?

Infiniti

Yes. The 5th injector is smaller and does a different job. You can get it from a lot of places like eBay

It looks like this:

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.

I want to fix it myself but i dont have those advanced tools and my mechanic only has basic tools that cannot reprogram. My only choice is to take it to the dealer but the dealers may charge more than 50% of the car is worth. My cars has driven 330000 km and is not worth much. If i dont need to reprogram the injector i will fix it. But when i took the injector off last week and i just installed it back in without reprogramming and it smoked worse than before for 2 days, but no check engine light. I will see if can find out if it needs to be reprogrammed or not. If it needs to be reprogrammed i might just sell the car to someone that wants to fix it.

5 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

I want to fix it myself but i dont have those advanced tools and my mechanic only has basic tools that cannot reprogram. My only choice is to take it to the dealer but the dealers may charge more than 50% of the car is worth. My cars has driven 330000 km and is not worth much. If i dont need to reprogram the injector i will fix it. But when i took the injector off last week and i just installed it back in without reprogramming and it smoked worse than before for 2 days, but no check engine light. I will see if can find out if it needs to be reprogrammed or not. If it needs to be reprogrammed i might just sell the car to someone that wants to fix it.

I completely understand as the cost keeps going up. I can tell you what my mechanic does when the part arrives but that wont be for at least 2 weeks.

I will say that maybe it has gotten worse because you blew air through it and you might cleared some rust or blockage? I don't really know I'm not an expert.

anyhow I will say if you find the part install it and see what happens. I don't think it can get worse.

22 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Amazing! Thank you, also, may I ask why it would potentially need re-coding for the new injector? 

Thank you! 

23 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Yes. The 5th injector is smaller and does a different job. You can get it from a lot of places like ebay

It looks like this:

Is it easily accessible? Where abouts is it located? 

5 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Amazing! Thank you, also, may I ask why it would potentially need re-coding for the new injector? 

Thank you! 

Don't quote me on this but I think it just tells the ecu that a new injector has been fitted in order to make correct adjustments(calibration) in spraying. I don't really understand the logic behind it, google doesn't have a clear answer. 

Maybe someone else that knows might hep us understand

Ok please tell me if your mechanic reprogram it 🙂 . Infiniti it took 3 hours to open it and assembly it again. It was a nightmare to open the bolts and the seals beuase they kept falling in the engine bay so i spent 30 min to find them. It is placed at the right side of the engine and it is in behind the battary. I took the battary out and the air filter tunnel. As you guys can see in the photos it needed to disassembly a lot of stuff. If you guys do this you need a lot of tools to reach those bolts deep in there and please be gentle with all the wiring so they dont break. If you guys want more photos of the process i can send a file with all photos and instruktions of the process. Here is some photos:

image.thumb.png.b402f243fe6efe70005c6011825c1e34.png

40 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Ok please tell me if your mechanic reprogram it 🙂 . Infiniti it took 3 hours to open it and assembly it again. It was a nightmare to open the bolts and the seals beuase they kept falling in the engine bay so i spent 30 min to find them. It is placed at the right side of the engine and it is in behind the battary. I took the battary out and the air filter tunnel. As you guys can see in the photos it needed to disassembly a lot of stuff. If you guys do this you need a lot of tools to reach those bolts deep in there and please be gentle with all the wiring so they dont break. If you guys want more photos of the process i can send a file with all photos and instruktions of the process. Here is some photos:

image.thumb.png.b402f243fe6efe70005c6011825c1e34.png

if your infinity didn't require any reprogramming I don't think that this one will need anything.

I would love to see some more pictures if its easy uploading.

I dont have any infinity. infinity is the guy who made this topic. This is my toyota avensis t27 2.0 d4d i opened. I will send more photos tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

I dont have any infinity. infinity is the guy who made this topic. This is my toyota avensis t27 2.0 d4d i opened. I will send more photos tomorrow.

I'm really sorry I've misread the paragraph .Also i watched many videos about programming injectors and no one talked about the 5th one and also they showed the screen and was only 4 injectors nothing for the 5th one to be found

I also watched a lot of vidoes but no one talk about it. I will send photos tomorrow 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

I'm really sorry I've misread the paragraph .Also i watched many videos about programming injectors and no one talked about the 5th one and also they showed the screen and was only 4 injectors nothing for the 5th one to be found

Here is the photos of the process and i hope it gives everyone an idea how to take it off.

My car is a 2.0 D4D which is a little bit smaller than the 2,2 but they are almost the same engine.

975152715_5Thinjector.pdf

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Here is the photos of the process and i hope it gives everyone an idea how to take it off.

My car is a 2.0 D4D which is a little bit smaller than the 2,2 but they are almost the same engine.

975152715_5Thinjector.pdf 23.35 MB · 1 download

So the injector in not connected directly to the dpf?

I dont know but they should have a connection

3 minutes ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

So the injector in not connected directly to the dpf?

32 minutes ago, Ikram Shahar said:

975152715_5Thinjector.pdf 23.35 MB · 3 downloads

Well as long as it doesn’t need coding, hopefully I can do this! Although I’m sure it will annoy me and I will drop things like you did! Hopefully it’s doable!!

Thank you very much for these photos!

Did you say you haven’t noticed any difference after changing it? 

Im glad i could help.

After the job was done i took it for a test drive and the car ran like always but the difference was it was smoking even more than it did usually, but the car ran fine. No check engine light and after i checked for any leaks. I did not replace the injector with a new, because  i did not have one yet. I just wanted to see if there was any carbon built up.

12 minutes ago, Infiniti said:

Well as long as it doesn’t need coding, hopefully I can do this! Although I’m sure it will annoy me and I will drop things like you did! Hopefully it’s doable!!

Thank you very much for these photos!

Did you say you haven’t noticed any difference after changing it? 

2 hours ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Im glad i could help.

After the job was done i took it for a test drive and the car ran like always but the difference was it was smoking even more than it did usually, but the car ran fine. No check engine light and after i checked for any leaks. I did not replace the injector with a new, because  i did not have one yet. I just wanted to see if there was any carbon built up.

Did you have an EML on before cleaning the injector out? 

Whats an EML?

1 hour ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Whats an EML?

Engine Management Light or else check engine light 

No i did not have any check engine light or warning light before working on it

1 hour ago, Infiniti said:

Did you have an EML on before cleaning the injector out? 

1 hour ago, Ikram Shahar said:

No i did not have any check engine light or warning light before working on it

Okay, thank you! Just trying to get as much info to see if either of our three experiences are any different! 

thank you 

On 5/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, Ikram Shahar said:

Infiniti and Mariosskoutaris does your cars smoke like this in the video. Mine does the exact same smoke.

Hey!

Sorry, I didn't get a notification for this post! But yes, that is exactly what it looks like, sometimes a little more grey than that though.

I always assumed they were DPF regens/ burns, until it dawned on me that they are meant to be black/ dark in colour. But the duration of that smoke is exactly what I have experienced!

On 5/14/2021 at 11:00 PM, Ikram Shahar said:

Infiniti and Mariosskoutaris does your cars smoke like this in the video. Mine does the exact same smoke.

Yes, almost exactly the same and i also thought that it was dpf regens but after some dpf additives and long highway miles and hard driving was still the same and i knew i had to investigate further and here we are

On 5/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, Ikram Shahar said:

1 hour ago, Mariosskoutaris said:

Yes, almost exactly the same and i also thought that it was dpf regens but after some dpf additives and long highway miles and hard driving was still the same and i knew i had to investigate further and here we are

At least we know we are all experiencing the same symptoms! Hopefully we can figure it out together and solve the issue!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links