Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunglasses in T27

Brn

Hey Avensis Friends,

A niche topic, but I am hoping to get some info.

I am struggling to find a secure and easily accessible  place for my sunglasses in my 2010 Avensis Wagon T4.

I knew from the Owners Manual that there is a trim option that has storage in the reading light cluster in the roof lining.

These are available on eBay, however, those don’t have the alarm interior senor deactivation switch.

Mine looks like this https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4BkAAOSwjFpepvNQ/s-l300.jpg

The alternative https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Lk0AAOSwHTlgfmaS/s-l1600.jpg

Where does the alarm button go in cars that has the lights with the storage? Is there trim level conflict between the 2 light clusters?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I put my ones in the case I got when bought them.

1341067aa949cd7b835ee69292678b6d.jpg_360

• Haha 1

Hehe 😄
And where do you put that? I had it in a case, which was in the glove box, but I hit the passenger in the knee or the dog in the head when retrieving it.

So I got this one off eBay. Perfect fit into the existing grab handle holes.

20210604_181048.jpg

20210604_212717.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 11:07 AM, Brn said:

Hey Avensis Friends,

I am struggling to find a secure and easily accessible  place for my sunglasses in my 2010 Avensis Wagon T4.

I knew from the Owners Manual that there is a trim option that has storage in the reading light cluster in the roof lining.

These are available on ebay, however, those don’t have the alarm interior senor deactivation switch.

Where does the alarm button go in cars that has the lights with the storage? Is there trim level conflict between the 2 light clusters?

i would love to do this mod 2 but the alarm button i dont know unless u hack it into light somewhere 

41 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

i would love to do this mod 2 but the alarm button i dont know unless u hack it into light somewhere 

I agree, but I did not want to go down that route. I looked at many pics on eBay and the back of the 2 panels looked too different with wiring and electronics, which put me off.

There is not much space on the alternative panel for the alarm switch.

I am sure if someone puts their mind to it, it can be done though.

I just don't think I have the skill or tools to make it look decent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brn said:

I agree, but I did not want to go down that route. I looked at many pics on ebay and the back of the 2 panels looked too different with wiring and electronics, which put me off.

There is not much space on the alternative panel for the alarm switch.

I am sure if someone puts their mind to it, it can be done though.

I just don't think I have the skill or tools to make it look decent.

tep there are alot of wires there and well im the same for allu know could put off the curtain airbags 

35 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

tep there are alot of wires there and well im the same for allu know could put off the curtain airbags 

🤪😲
I haven't thought of such an explosive result, but yes... could happen. Best left to the professionals ("which one was it again? Do I need to cut the red or the blue wire?")

Next thing is to either figure out how to install a 12V socket in the boot for the cooler box, or find someone who will do it without me having to re-mortgage the house. I looked for info a year ago but no luck then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brn said:

Next thing is to either figure out how to install a 12V socket in the boot for the cooler box, or find someone who will do it without me having to re-mortgage the house. I looked for info a year ago but no luck then.

i did a speaker upgrade in mine and a class d amp also the sound is good now

(1) https://www.fanaticaudio.com/posts/toyota-avensis-t27-kaiuttimien-vaihto/

(2) PIONEER GM-D1004 4 Channel 400W Class-D Multi Channel Car Amplifier

plus had to wire this in as to switch on and off the amp when the item knew the headunit was turned on 

(3) High to Low Level RCA Line Output Converter inc auto Remote Turn On New Model 21

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brn said:

love to do that also i had one in my older seat car was handy for charging rechargeable torches 

On 5/11/2021 at 1:07 PM, Brn said:

Hey Avensis Friends,

These are available on ebay, however, those don’t have the alarm interior senor deactivation switch.

Could it be that car with alarm system is unable to have sunglass storage in the reading light cluster? There is probably interior movement sensor etc behind that trim. Maybe only solution is to get that grab handle storage like You did.

I would keep factory wiring with alarm system to know it works properly.

19 hours ago, Brn said:

Hehe 😄
And where do you put that? I had it in a case, which was in the glove box, but I hit the passenger in the knee or the dog in the head when retrieving it.

So I got this one off ebay. Perfect fit into the existing grab handle holes.

20210604_181048.jpg

20210604_212717.jpg

Hi there, this looks pretty o.e, love it, any links to the eBay seller please? 

Was it easy to install and fits firm?

56 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi there, this looks pretty o.e, love it, any links to the ebay seller please? 

here it is 

eBay item number:

but problem here is also u have to take in to consideration i hope not effect with the car side curtain airbag 

On 6/5/2021 at 5:25 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

I bought this particular one, but there multiple postings of the same 393220363945

Taking the handle off was more challenging. I can take pics tomorrow to show what to look for.

Easy install, despite no instructions included, except for photos in the posting.

Yes, it is firm, fits into the square cut outs just fine. Before I took the handle off i did look at different designs (screw in type), but the square holes (maybe one type of standard or Toyota specific) stopped me from buying those.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, 2009joe said:

here it is 

eBay item number:

but problem here is also u have to take in to consideration i hope not effect with the car side curtain airbag 

Don't think it would, as it has the same "footprint" as the handle

• Like 1

On this topic, why do vehicles have those handles on each side front and rear? 

Some have drivers side and not passenger 

Or fronts and no rears

Hmm. Im thinking keep my handle or remove to replace with a shade storage that id only use a couple of months a year if that

58 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

On this topic, why do vehicles have those handles on each side front and rear? 

Some have drivers side and not passenger 

Or fronts and no rears

Hmm. Im thinking keep my handle or remove to replace with a shade storage that id only use a couple of months a year if that

How many times do you use the handle? More or less?

On 6/4/2021 at 10:28 PM, Brn said:

Hehe 😄

You can put it anywhere you want. I usually take my sunglasses at a red light or I make sure there are no safety hazards. Then I simply have them on top of my head if I don't need them.

1 hour ago, Tigit said:

You can put it anywhere you want. I usually take my sunglasses at a red light or I make sure there are no safety hazards. Then I simply have them on top of my head if I don't need them.

I have normal glasses and have sunglasses with prescription lenses that I normally keep in the car. So I can't really have 2 on my ear. I also never liked putting glasses on my hair as it gets smears instantly.

On 6/5/2021 at 5:25 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Here is how the handle asembly looks like.

3 pieces per mounting point: handle bracket, metal clip and cover/plug. The tricky bit during disassembly is the longer tongue of the cover. I just pulled it out bending it backwards.

20210609_220430.jpg

20210609_220619.jpg

On 6/5/2021 at 12:19 AM, 2009joe said:

i did a speaker upgrade in mine and a class d amp also the sound is good now

(1) https://www.fanaticaudio.com/posts/toyota-avensis-t27-kaiuttimien-vaihto/

(2) PIONEER GM-D1004 4 Channel 400W Class-D Multi Channel Car Amplifier

plus had to wire this in as to switch on and off the amp when the item knew the headunit was turned on 

(3) High to Low Level RCA Line Output Converter inc auto Remote Turn On New Model 21

Great job.

Just ordered guys, gift for my other half, couldn't help myself!

13 hours ago, Brn said:

Here is how the handle asembly looks like.

3 pieces per mounting point: handle bracket, metal clip and cover/plug. The tricky bit during disassembly is the longer tongue of the cover. I just pulled it out bending it backwards.

20210609_220430.jpg

20210609_220619.jpg

And note to everyone who install handle/sunglass holder. When those metal clips and handle/holder is installed, don't pull it anyhow. Those plastic covers/plugs tight those metal clips and hold everything nice and firm.

1 hour ago, JiiN said:

And note to everyone who install handle/sunglass holder. When those metal clips and handle/holder is installed, don't pull it anyhow. Those plastic covers/plugs tight those metal clips and hold everything nice and firm.

Hi

So you mean once you've undone the screws, hold the handle and all the bits FIRM  and then pull it towards you???

58 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi

So you mean once you've undone the screws, hold the handle and all the bits FIRM  and then pull it towards you???

No screws.

You pop the cap off. It reveals the clip, but the tongue bit is still holding the cap. Once you get the cap out, the clip has two claws top and bottom that secures it to the liner. You need to pry the claws at the same time to ease the clip out. Same on both sides.