Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo - speed limiter / cruise control

Aygo321

Hi everyone,
Anyone who is familiar with the Aygo 2014- models speed limiter system and knows whether this can be changed to a cruise control system instead?
I mean, it might just be a matter of getting used to, but it would be nice to have 🙂

2nd question; anyone tried to install foglights on a non-foglight model?

Best regards
Anders DK

speed_limiter_image.jpg

4 hours ago, Aygo321 said:

Hi everyone,
Anyone who is familiar with the Aygo 2014- models speed limiter system and knows whether this can be changed to a cruise control system instead?
I mean, it might just be a matter of getting used to, but it would be nice to have 🙂

Sadly no, it's a speed limiter only - and only on manual cars not on MMT versions (one of the connections through the steering wheel is reused on MMT cars for the paddles).

On 5/11/2021 at 12:57 PM, Aygo321 said:

2nd question; anyone tried to install foglights on a non-foglight model?

I once took the front bumber off of my wife's 2013 1st Gen Aygo (without fog lights) to be able to change the headlight bulbs, and to my surprise the wireing and connectors for fog lights were present.

The connectors were attached to the plastic dummy inserts that are replaced when the after market fog lights are installed.

I can't remember if these cables and connectors are easily visible/reachable without taking the front or inner wheel arches apart, but worth a check on your Aygo.

Foglights - if it's wired you will need to change the stalk, add the fuse and relay

CC - I will have to double-check, but it's not usually programmed into the ecu (1KR)

Edit. there is no option for CC just Lane departure and Speed limiter

Okay, thanks guys.

Thermal - thats interesting, I will check up on that

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just bought an Aygo 3 (2016) it was advertised as having cruise control but I strongly suspect it only is a speed limiter - I mean the stalk looks just like a cc stalk but it does not do cruise control.  I'm a bit sad about that as my previous car had cc and I used it all the time so I really miss it.  Is it retro-fittable does anyone know?

Cheers, John

Just a speed limiter. Don't think cruise can be retro fitted.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just a speed limiter. Don't think cruise can be retro fitted.

It would be nice if even the speed limiter could be fitted to an MMT Mk2 - but one of the connections used by the speed limiter stalk has been taken by the MMT paddles.

I got as far as getting a stalk off eBay before investigating the wiring and discovered that I can't use it 😢

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

It would be nice if even the speed limiter could be fitted to an MMT Mk2 - but one of the connections used by the speed limiter stalk has been taken by the MMT paddles.

I got as far as getting a stalk off eBay before investigating the wiring and discovered that I can't use it 😢

It may share a connection, the stalks are resistive based, as are the paddle shifters, something I will need to look up if you are interested

It may share a ground, the paddle shifter go to the TCM and the Speed limit is wired to the certification ecu

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

It may share a ground, the paddle shifter go to the TCM and the Speed limit is wired to the certification ecu

Be good if you can check the the wiring diagrams, I can't access mine at the moment as I'm in the middle of a house move.

• 1 year later...