Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Micro SD slot

50p

another newby question, I cannot find it mentioned in the online instruction mannual so far. MY2021 Corolla Excel HB

What is the what looks like a micro SD slot on the left of the centre console, next to the 'gear' selector for? Is it for updating the maps on the satnav? Could it be used to play music files?

I think this is what you're looking at - The pic is from a LHD car so the usb port will be on the left in your car.

I use this port to connect my phone for Apple Carplay.

Screenshot_20210511-200628.jpg

59 minutes ago, 50p said:

another newby question, I cannot find it mentioned in the online instruction mannual so far. MY2021 Corolla Excel HB

What is the what looks like a micro SD slot on the left of the centre console, next to the 'gear' selector for? Is it for updating the maps on the satnav? Could it be used to play music files?

It's in the manual under "shift lock system"

• Like 1

Hi jack Spratt .. thanks for the reply.

It is not the USB port I was referring to but what looks like a micro SD card slot. It's located in the LHS of the piano black surround of the 'gear' selector. I will take a picture of it tomorrow

Thanks camellia30, I will check tomorrow when it's a bit lighter out.

The slot I'm referring to is on the left hand side and has no cover to remove? Maybe missing of course.

7 minutes ago, 50p said:

Thanks camellia30, I will check tomorrow when it's a bit lighter out.

The slot I'm referring to is on the left hand side and has no cover to remove? Maybe missing of course.

The slot is in the cover, that's how you prise it off to reveal the button

5 minutes ago, camellia30 said:

The slot is in the cover, that's how you prise it off to reveal the button

Ahh, thanks for that, much appreciated

11 hours ago, 50p said:

This is not a micro SD slot. It is for unlocking the gear selector in case of problem.

• Like 1