Unusual cars spotted today

MyOpinionIsWorthless

Today , driving back from London I spotted

Prius α
and a Toyota Wish

neither of which I knew existed 

AF56F765-5330-488F-B95F-7B108136CA38.jpeg

ADBAB9B2-B540-45EA-9920-EEBF2C336894.jpeg

The Wish sold in Far Eastern markets, and any in the UK would probably be grey imports from Japan.

The Prius again looks like a grey import due to the square format number plate - known as the Prius Plus (first generation) in the UK:

OIP (1).jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Wish sold in Far Eastern markets, and any in the UK would probably be grey imports from Japan.

The Prius again looks like a grey import due to the square format number plate - known as the Prius Plus (first generation) in the UK:

OIP (1).jpeg

Those are stock pics tbh. Both the Alpha and wish were right hand drive with UK number plates not Q. I have seen many Prius pluses but the alpha had the correct symbol not the + which is why I noticed it. I was stuck behind the Wish on Southwark bridge and it reminded me of a Yaris Verso tbh. 

Japan, like the UK, is a right hand drive market, and this is one reason why grey imports from Japan are popular in the UK. Grey imports would have UK number plates issued by DVLA corresponding to the year of manufacture.

In Japan the government testing regime for roadworthiness is more stringent than the UK MOT, and becomes more strict as vehicles get older (geared towards encouraging car owners to buy newer vehicles) - which provides a ready market for grey imports being brought into the UK.

Daihatsu sell a five seat version of the Prius Plus in some Asian markets - called the Daihatsu Mebius. 

Rcde6ac5c99c60d81af5df840fcb820b6.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Japan, like the UK, is a right hand drive market, and this is one reason why grey imports from Japan are popular in the UK. Grey imports would have UK number plates issued by DVLA corresponding to the year of manufacture.

In Japan the government testing regime for roadworthiness is more stringent than the UK MOT, and becomes more strict as vehicles get older (geared towards encouraging car owners to buy newer vehicles) - which provides a ready market for grey imports being brought into the UK.

Daihatsu sell a five seat version of the Prius Plus in some Asian markets - called the Daihatsu Mebius. 

Rcde6ac5c99c60d81af5df840fcb820b6.jpeg

Interesting how the cross country motor factor relationships can move the models into new markets.