Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota 5 + Club

Monaro

Can anybody offer advice please?

I currently run a 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid. As it is approaching 5 years old I have attempted to join the Toyota 5+club to get the advertised 20% discount on servicing and MOT’s. etc. It sounds a good deal to me,  maybe TOO good.

I have tried to enter vehicle details, my name, address, contact details etc but to no avail. I can enter vehicle details and my title and first name but attempting to enter anymore details results in the page refreshing and going back to the top. Very frustrating. 

I have tried this on various Toyota sites, including the MyToyota app. but the results are always the same. I even tried using a 2015 reg. number as my vehicle is a few weeks short of being 5 years old. I also contacted my local Toyota dealer and they promised to contact me, but this was over a month ago and I have heard nothing. 

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. 

I tried to register two near-identical Aurises of the same age (well over 5 years old), both looked like they registered correctly.  The paperwork came through promptly for one, but the other never had its paperwork arrive in the year that has passed.

At my local dealership (part of a very large chain), they don't seem concerned by it being registered on this 5* club at all, they just give you the 5* price anyway even if it is the car that isn't in the club.

It might be worth clarifying if you need to have registered for this (to get these prices) with your local dealer, if this is troubling you.  Perhaps you won't need to, if you don't want to.

HTH.

If I remember I too had problems registering the wife’s Auris, but as Gerg says, I get the discount from my Toyota dealer, I just mention the discount for over 5 year old car and it’s ok.

Thanks to both of you. I have the car booked in for an interim service and MOT at my local main dealer. It was supplied and serviced throughout by them so hopefully I will have as much luck with the discount too. Many thanks. 

21 hours ago, Monaro said:

As it is approaching 5 years old

I suppose the issue could be that the car isn't actually 5 years old yet.

I thought that was a possibility too, so I entered a registration number from a 2015 Mk1 Auris (with the owners consent). I still couldn’t get beyond entering my surname without it scrolling to the top of the page. It is frustrating beyond belief, so is the fact that Toyota Customer Services have failed to contact me as promised, twice. 

Just to note that a 2015 Auris would be a second generation. The mk1 was 2007-2012.

I was told by my local dealer that the 5+ had now ended when I tried to book by 2015 Yaris in a few weeks ago

stevecrvn - thanks for that. It probably explains why Customer Services have not responded. I will defo take the advice of Greg and Catlover then. There must be some sort of loyalty pay-off. I live I hope at least. 

Frostyballs - thanks for the heads-up. I guess what I have is known as the Mk11 facelift then.