Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can any give us pointer or insight on this problem, please ?

New boy

Hi; I have the 2005 Avensis Wagon 2.2D4D 150bhp  Been a great up till this happened. Background; Soon after I got the car I got hold of one of the power boxes to push it up to around 173BHP which also claimed to improve better MPG on town driving Bl,Bla, Bla. Put the box on about 7000 miles ago and its been great so far, faster response, and noticeable more power, Happy bunny. 

But; a short while ago my traction control light came on, and it went into limp mode. no power coasted to a stop, restart, and off it went as normal, still traction light was on, but 99% drove as normal. drove about 50 miles, bang limp mode, same again. Next time I used the car, No lights car was 100% normal, drove about 50 miles , light back on, same again. It's done this now for about 6 weeks. When I took it the the garage he plugged the computer in ( and told me it was the traction control unit was the problem) Ok, I will get a good one from a breakers yard, as a new one is silly money. OK, He put another one on the car. all engine warning light and TCU lights go out, and everything is normal for about 30 miles, BANG, all back on again, NO, NO, The mechanic still seems to think it's TCU and has offered to find yet another. Anyway, A friend said he had a Reader and plugged it when in the car, it read the car OK,  he said look it only it is showing 1 fault PO 093 fuel pressure problem. Umm  He said maybe it's that box you fitted,, I said ok, but it's been on the car for the past 7 or 8000 miles, I would have thought, if it didn't like it, it would have shown up straight away or very soon after fitting, not 7 or 800 0 later.    Any thoughts on whats going or ideas, anyone!! ?   😧      

Further to this; I disconnected Battery, to rest ECU, and disconnected the power box, problem still remains!  Dash lights show engine warning light on and VSC and TCR off,   lights are on.  So Pass, I don't know!  

P0093 is large fuel leak on the high pressure side - it's usually related to the scv (suction control valve) or a failing injector

When was the fuel filter last changed ?

Check the SCV electrically and with a scan tool

Check the EGR isnt clogged up

Do a leak down test on the injectors

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

P0093 is large fuel leak on the high pressure side - it's usually related to the scv (suction control valve) or a failing injector

When was the fuel filter last changed ?

Check the SCV electrically and with a scan tool

Check the EGR isnt clogged up

Do a leak down test on the injectors

Hi; Found the problem, Garage attendant, did not tighten the fuel cap up enough, pressurised system, everything went out, can now runs perfect. One to remember here, before stripping the car apart !