Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2016 hybrid blurry camera

JanisLP

hi,i still have an warranty on this car 2 and more years. but ,there is not an mechanical issue,but back parking camera showing very blurry picture,there is no water inside,looks clear lens,but ... . is someone know whats wrong can be ? please 

i'm sure i have heard of parking camera's failing not sure if it where on the auris or the ct forum

if the lens has ever misted up inside the camera lens may have dried moisture on it giving the blurry image

Even our 2015 auris 1.2 T has a blurry camera. I think that the cameras in Auris are not known for being clear with high resolution as in other cars. We may have to live with it.

Given it a wipe with a damp cloth? I find it picks up road muck easily being located where it is. Usually give it a wipe with a tissue after opening the boot when the roads are wet.

Not the cleverest bit of design ever! 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MagicBoy said:

Given it a wipe with a damp cloth? I find it picks up road muck easily being located where it is. Usually give it a wipe with a tissue after opening the boot when the roads are wet.

Not the cleverest bit of design ever! 🤣

So where would you put the reversing camera?

Its build up on the lens some cleaning products can fog the lens - with a Toyota extended warranty it doesn't cover most of the electrical

remove the camera from the car and give it a good clean with Isopropyl alcohol (IPA)

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Like they do on some vw golfs where the camera pops out of the hatch door when you select reverse

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

OK, you got me there.  The back end of an Auris generally gets all the road muck!😂

One of the lads at work has one that pops out when it's needed, and has a rubber thing that cleans the lens as it does so. Think it's on a Golf...

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

Its build up on the lens some cleaning products can fog the lens - with a Toyota extended warranty it doesn't cover most of the electrical

remove the camera from the car and give it a good clean with Isopropyl alcohol (IPA)

Any coatings on the camera lens as is? I'm just thinking that if Apple can come up with ones that keep fingerprints off your phone display, something similar might help with the camera...

12 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

OK, you got me there.  The back end of an Auris generally gets all the road muck!😂

One of the lads at work has one that pops out when it's needed, and has a rubber thing that cleans the lens as it does so. Think it's on a Golf...

Thing is, the back end of most cars, vans, lorries get loads of road muck. I haven’t seen these that pop out or have a cover that slides back. Sounds fine until the device gets stuck due to road muck. Even if there is a “rubber thing that cleans the lens” as it pops out, the camera will still get road mucked pretty soon.  All you can do is give it a wipe with paper tissue before you set off.

14 hours ago, rajivrattna said:

Even our 2015 auris 1.2 T has a blurry camera. I think that the cameras in Auris are not known for being clear with high resolution as in other cars. We may have to live with it.

yap,i think you are wright !!! ,looks like resolution is very low ,like 0.3 mpx , moneys are saved !!!  my previous car was yaris 2013 and camera was very sharp,excellennt. feels like need to buy yaris camera and replace it . 

Just now, JanisLP said:

yap,i think you are wright !!! ,looks like resolution is very low ,like 0.3 mpx , moneys are saved !!!  my previous car was yaris 2013 and camera was very sharp,excellennt. feels like need to buy yaris camera and replace it . 

It might be the screen not the camera, but who knows. I have in mirror screen on older model and resolution is good, nice and clear pictures even in dark, I also wipe often the camera lens if weather is bad. 👍

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Thing is, the back end of most cars, vans, lorries get loads of road muck. I haven’t seen these that pop out or have a cover that slides back. Sounds fine until the device gets stuck due to road muck. Even if there is a “rubber thing that cleans the lens” as it pops out, the camera will still get road mucked pretty soon.  All you can do is give it a wipe with paper tissue before you set off.

nop,cleaning does not help. camera is very low resolution, thats it,cant believe on that. 

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

It might be the screen not the camera, but who knows. I have in mirror screen on older model and resolution is good, nice and clear pictures even in dark, I also wipe often the camera lens if weather is bad. 👍

yes and again,one more person is wright i think ,screen with low resolution,but this is ridiculous ,on older cars better screens and cameras. so funny. 

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

yes,sorry,you are wright ,screen is blurry,with low resolution,its not for video or pictures view.  so they are provided rubbish screen on expensive car,my previous car was yaris 2013,screen and camera was very sharp. 

Try find another 2016 Auris in any car sales and take a look if that screen is the same or better. If it is better then yours, contact a Toyota dealer asking the reasons why, how.

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Try find another 2016 Auris in any car sales and take a look if that screen is the same or better. If it is better then yours, contact a Toyota dealer asking the reasons why, how.

yes thats great idea, i will do.thanks. 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, MagicBoy said:

Usually give it a wipe with a tissue after opening the boot when the roads are wet.

Looks like I am not the only one, I've notice the fogginess in wet weather, I wiped it with a damp tissue when I was filling up today, it was still bit foggy.

Is the camera quite easy to take off and clean?

4 hours ago, roks said:

Looks like I am not the only one, I've notice the fogginess in wet weather, I wiped it with a damp tissue when I was filling up today, it was still bit foggy.

Is the camera quite easy to take off and clean?

here is not discussion about dirt ! camera quality is very low or screen resolution is to low,blurry picture. previous versions of toyota with very sharp and good quality picture.

It's the same camera as the yaris Internally maybe it just a manufacturing issue and somehow moisture has got inside, resolution will not make an image blur unless you are upscaling it

Can you post a picture of the image on your screen and a close up of the camera lens

You could fit an aftermarket camera what will require an adapter and wiring

16 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's the same camera as the yaris Internally maybe it just a manufacturing issue and somehow moisture has got inside, resolution will not make an image blur unless you are upscaling it

Can you post a picture of the image on your screen and a close up of the camera lens

You could fit an aftermarket camera what will require an adapter and wiring

thanks,i would swop that camera yes,but i dont know how to manage that, and car still under factory warranty ! may i have to ask to fix this to toyota ? 

i don't think you will find its covered, no harm in asking tho

24 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i don't think you will find its covered, no harm in asking tho

i think the same,i think warranty only covers with mechanical breakdown. 

i had the camera replaced under warranty on mine with no quibbles.

There was visible water ingress with droplets behind the plastic lens cover.

11 minutes ago, garethpaul said:

i had the camera replaced under warranty on mine with no quibbles.

There was visible water ingress with droplets behind the plastic lens cover.

nice,this will be my next request for toyota. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links