Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof bars Corolla Touring Sport 2019

sam.richo87

Hi everyone,

I'm new here having just bought a 2019 Corolla Touring Spirt 2.0 that gets delivered to me on Mon.

What are the best roof bar options? Should I go with Toyota or Thule? Are the Toyota the aero style?

If I go with Toyota will accessories from other brands fit easily?

Thanks,

Sam

On 5/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, sam.richo87 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here having just bought a 2019 Corolla Touring Spirt 2.0 that gets delivered to me on Mon.

What are the best roof bar options? Should I go with Toyota or Thule? Are the Toyota the aero style?

If I go with Toyota will accessories from other brands fit easily?

Thanks,

Sam

I think the Toyota bars are rebranded Thule, so Thule boxes & cycle carriers should fit. 

Thanks, Do you know if they are the Thule aero bars? I've tried finding pictures but the only ones I'm finding ate the toyota official images and they don't show them clearly.

11 hours ago, sam.richo87 said:

Thanks, Do you know if they are the Thule aero bars? I've tried finding pictures but the only ones I'm finding ate the toyota official images and they don't show them clearly.

I think they are the Wing bars, which are very aerodynamic 

I've fitted Cruz Airo Fix bars to my Coralla TS, which are considerably cheaper than either the Toyota or Thule ones and am very happy with them.

17 hours ago, fullfathom5 said:

I've fitted Cruz Airo Fix bars to my Coralla TS, which are considerably cheaper than either the Toyota or Thule ones and am very happy with them.

Do you get much wind noise when travelling at motorway speeds? 

Not that I've noticed. The bars have a T-track but are supplied with rubber strips to fit in them.

The only thing I would say is the instructions are terrible - it took me the best part of an afternoon to fit them. Having done it once though I could probably fit a brand new pair in about an hour.

• Like 1