Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Toyota App

Roy124

I check My Toyota App to monitor my fuel consumption etc and have been checking either weekly or monthly figures.  Yesterday the only data available is the daily trip data.  Has anyone else seen this change?

Just checked on mine, can still see every trip on ‘hybrid coaching’ 

D289FDC7-9A97-4ADA-ACAD-0FD7CFD7CC39.jpeg

So can I.  My point is the weekly, monthly and annual summaries have disappeared. 

Using the monthly figures I could see how the weather had affected the consumption. 

That is what is no longer there.  They seem to tweak the App with no up date on what has been done. 

Maybe I haven’t had an update, but it’s still there for me (and works). 

9CCE1F7E-3B30-4667-BA9B-C6993DED0832.jpeg

I can see on play store there is an update to the app. I am weary about updating my version. Both the recent reviewers give low score on the update.

I must have auto updates ON as I have seen things change on the App before.  😞 I see mine updated on 7th May.  I have sent a message to the developers.  The coaching stars change (slightly) as you cycle through week, month and year but are not much more informative than the score you get in the car after a trip.

One could guess it is a programming error rather than an 'improvement'

If I've understood correctly, the Weekly, Monthly and Yearly summaries are in the 'Hybrid coaching' on my updated version of the iPhone app. I don't recall how it was before the update but from what I see now the information is there.

IMG_9719.PNG

IMG_9720.PNG

IMG_9721.PNG

• Like 1

WW, that should be true.  My Android app was updated on 7 May.  I reported the problem through the App and just got a message that there will be an update today. 

Either the IOS App is sufficiently different or it has not been updated. I think it must be a coding issue as the first part of the coaching works as you scroll down and then stops. 

We shall see. 

The update was dated yesterday and is, I think, an improvement.  The presentation is different but each facit is presented as a bar graph. The annual fuel consumption graph shows the consumption month by month with a steady increase month by month from June with December and January tops and then improving until May. 

As I say, different but better. 

• Like 1

There is a simple coding error in the new display for EV Time.  I have told them, interesting to see how quickly they fix it.

I collected my Corolla last Monday so I am still exploring all the options on the multimedia and sat nav.  I have just downloaded the My Toyota app to my iPhone and the next thing is pair my phone with the car, I'm sure this will be done via bluetooth.  I see there is an option in the car to turn on Wi-Fi. Is it necessary to turn this on and why would I need Wi-Fi in the car?

28 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

I collected my Corolla last Monday so I am still exploring all the options on the multimedia and sat nav.  I have just downloaded the My Toyota app to my iphone and the next thing is pair my phone with the car, I'm sure this will be done via Bluetooth.  I see there is an option in the car to turn on Wi-Fi. Is it necessary to turn this on and why would I need Wi-Fi in the car?

Turning on WiFi in the car will enable connection to the Toyota Server to download software updates such as map updates.  You can also send routes to cars from your app via WiFi.  On that point I find the send to map is off limited use.  I have created a route, send it to the car and then go on my journey but unless I wait we are off before the route is downloaded.  Also you do not have the option for choosing type of route - fast, eco or short- nor of naming the route before it is sent.  More useful would be the ability to send POI to the card, is addresses.  As far as I know you can't to that.

Regarding driving analytics, the car needs to be registered with Toyota but does not, as far as I know, need your wifi conection.

As of 26 May, the MyT app reports that it is no longer compatible with my Lenovo tablet (running Android v 6). Still works on my phone (Android 10). Has the app been upgraded?

Hi Rab, I would suggest yes, the app has been updated and now your Android 6 software won’t cope with it. It happens.

Rab, indeed it has.  Now version4.1.2 (30109).  It was updated on 18th May.

As this is an App thread, I might mention the analytic displays which, as far as I know, are not described in detail.  Looking at the monthly data, generally the most useful rather than the individual trip data, the bottom of the displays have the various averages graphs.  These are bar graphs but there is also a red line across the graph.  The 'Your average EV time is 48%' but the red line is at 36, why would that be?  The EV Distance is shown as 33% but the time is at 24.  The answer would appear to be clear if you look at the 'You have driven' data which shows 30 h 25 min but the red line is at One.  I have driven for various times on 22 days of the month.  The average is about one hour per day with a maximum on one day of 4 hours. I drove for 1000 miles but the red line is at 54 so clearly the daily average. 

Not as obvious is the average speed  of 33 m/h but the line is at 32, average EV time at 48% but the line at 36, Distance 33% with the line at 24, and mpg of 63 but the line at 4(0).  Are these latter averages based on a full 30 days rather than days driven?  Only the average distance one matches days driven.

51 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hi Rab, I would suggest yes, the app has been updated and now your Android 6 software won’t cope with it. It happens.

Thank you for your sympathy. More constructively, for anyone else who finds themselves bypassed by technical progress, most of the App information is available through the My Toyota UK portal, which is still reachable via a normal browser.