Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris boot size

JonPR

I'm thinking of buying a Yaris.  I'm a working musician who needs to carry a digital keyboard to gigs, measuring 140cm x 40 x 20.  I need to know if that can fit in the back - obviously with the back seat(s) down (and with the hatch closed!).  It doesn't matter if the passenger seat needs to move too far forward or down (if it can) for anyone to sit there.  

TIA

BTW, I don't own an Aygo, I just had to say I owned a Toyota of some kind to be able to post here 😉.  Looking forward to getting one! 

Edited by JonPR

So what are you thinking of buying…. a Yaris or a Aygo?

Toyota model in profile edited.

Would you be purchasing new or used? If used, what years would you be looking at?

Actually, I'm considering Auris or Yaris, used.  I don't want to spend more than £12k, and ideally around 10.  So budget is definitely an issue, as well as the question of boot size. And I want hybrid, not petrol.  I  know Auris is bigger, but there are more choices for Yaris.   But the boot thing is the deal breaker, as they say.

Just done a rough and ready measurement of my 2014 Yaris. With the front passenger seat at it's forward adjustment limit, the rear seat squab 2/3 split down and the hatch shut, I measured 50cm width and 150cm lengthwise. Don't take my measurements as definitive.

Possibly a bit of an inconvenience but take your keyboard with you when viewing! Maybe give them a tune too.:ph34r: Or at the very least take a measuring tape.

• Like 2

Excellent, that's perfect, thanks a lot.  Unfortunately for the entertainment at the showroom, the keyboard needs an amp too, and both need plugging into the mains, so it's going to be a lot easier to just take a tape measure... 😉