Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Yaris Lift blocks

Seasonaleclipse

I found these on Amazon and wanted to see if anyone has used similar to get a little lift to allow slightly bigger tire clearance on a Yaris and what their experience was.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KY94NFM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3H0Q55MMMNUGX&psc=1

Link doesn’t operate for me.

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Link doesn’t operate for me.

Nor me either, can you send pics.?

Image from link -

image.thumb.png.7384e81c5edc529d33a77172da701c75.png

2 hours ago, Seasonaleclipse said:

to allow slightly bigger tire clearance on a Yaris and what their experience was.

Only at the top of the wheel arch.

Sometimes the limit is the fore or aft or the inboard (full lock turn) clearances.

What are you actually wanting to achieve?

I want slightly taller tires and ground clearance. Think Baja bug but yaris instead. 

Ah the Canadian commuter mod - have a google for Yaris lift kit some use alloy shock spacers, my only concern would be how it affects the steering geometry and the drive line angle (the angle of the shaft vs the angle of the lower arm and the clearance between the 2

I think you need to think carefully about this. I lowered the suspension on a Ford Cortina many years ago and it totally altered the ride and steering characteristics. Yes I had a better looking , lower car but it became a dog to drive. What I had not thought about was the lowering of the suspension involved shorter and higher rated springs which altered the ride and suspension totally. I know this is the other way but if the springs are a progressive rate spring you may find the first part of the spring compressing is very soft (being longer) giving a strange bouncy ride.I would do some serious reading about this first.

I think Flash22 is also on the money regarding shaft and steering geometry concerns.

Unless the blocks are Toyota Approved you could find the car is very adversly affected in the characteristics of the steering and ride. It would also count as a model modification and your insurers probably would not accept that change, apart from the larger wheels!

6 hours ago, sproutdreamer said:

I think you need to think carefully about this. I lowered the suspension on a Ford Cortina many years ago and it totally altered the ride and steering characteristics. Yes I had a better looking , lower car but it became a dog to drive. What I had not thought about was the lowering of the suspension involved shorter and higher rated springs which altered the ride and suspension totally. I know this is the other way but if the springs are a progressive rate spring you may find the first part of the spring compressing is very soft (being longer) giving a strange bouncy ride.I would do some serious reading about this first.

I think Flash22 is also on the money regarding shaft and steering geometry concerns.

Unless the blocks are Toyota Approved you could find the car is very adversly affected in the characteristics of the steering and ride. It would also count as a model modification and your insurers probably would not accept that change, apart from the larger wheels!

http://www.subcompactculture.com/2021/01/subcompact-showcase-jake-browns-lifted.html?m=0
I basically want to do this build. And that’s true about the steering I just want something functional and kewl lol without buying a new car 

I understand the urge to customise and improve the car for yourself.

I hope it all goes well-it would be great if you can feedback how it went & what it cost etc so we can all be a little more informed about mods.