Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight sensitivity mode new Yaris

YarisOAP

Is there a sensitivity mode that makes your headlights come on sooner rather than later

Presumably we're asking about the Auto mode for the headlights.

...and if we are, the answer to Terry's question is yes. It's in the menus of the head unit under "General".

I was wrong! It is under "Menu" then "Setup" and then "Vehicle"...

PXL_20210517_203148659.thumb.jpg.e3d41f64d9b1f0a27cf47d3fa5f3afaa.jpg

PXL_20210517_203204758.thumb.jpg.e332838c27cebf8dce9f3a9bc767726b.jpg

PXL_20210517_203224618.thumb.jpg.9e17f70992d7c5cc73c06d236a6bbc44.jpg

Note: I am making the assumption (perhaps wrongly) that the same sensor affects the headlight switching. You will note that I have mine on -2 and (for me anyway) it does seem to also affect the main/dip beam switching...

18 hours ago, CPN said:

PXL_20210517_203224618.thumb.jpg.9e17f70992d7c5cc73c06d236a6bbc44.jpg

Note: I am making the assumption (perhaps wrongly) that the same sensor affects the headlight switching. You will note that I have mine on -2 and (for me anyway) it does seem to also affect the main/dip beam switching...

Just checked mine I only have 1 2 3 was on 2 so changed to 3 see what happens 

• Like 1

Changed it too 3 no difference really was very cloudy and rain but lights never came on on my last Yaris was more sensitive and would come on on a cloudy and rainy day 

I have found the same . Had to put lights on manually today despite the dark gloomy weather conditions. Just a quick check to increase the headlight sensors sensitivity should I adjust the settings to + or -. Get confused easily at my age !! 

The auto lights are a bit strange. always turn on at night when it's dark - and annoyingly, when i go under bridges.

But can be a bit reluctant to turn out when it's raining and gloomy.

12 hours ago, G L J said:

I have found the same . Had to put lights on manually today despite the dark gloomy weather conditions. Just a quick check to increase the headlight sensors sensitivity should I adjust the settings to + or -. Get confused easily at my age !! 

Well, you would think (logically) that if you go in the + direction that this would increase the sensitivity of the sensor and so the lights would come on earlier as darkness increases and then the - direction would do the reverse but then, what do I know! 😉

• Like 1

I set my own to -2 because I felt that the lights were coming on a bit too early, especially passing under bridges etc. However, it doesn't seem to have made a whole lot of difference to be honest. Does anyone know the exact location of the sensor itself?

Maybe the sensor is in the windscreen with all the radar stuff ? Anyway not as sensitive as the Yaris Model before this one 

Have a look in your drivers manual under 'automatic headlight switching' or similar. In a 2010 Rav 4 the sensors are two flat plastic buttons on the right hand corner of the dash just near the bottom of the windscreen.  It might just be the same as your car, it's  probably a standard type of fitting used in several models.