Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Icon on dash

Bshmorgan

I have a strange little icon come up on middle section of display. Like a car with a explanation mark beside it. Then when I put into drive it shows car and the bars going around it like it's checking something. Not noticed it doing this before. Only had for a few weeks chr 1.8 hybrid 2017. I cleaned inside at weekend, possibly I have pressed something by accident. I did notice when I pulled away it made a clunk noise like I had handbrake on or something. Have I pressed thst or something when polishing it perhaps.  Any suggestions please

Lane departure alert system activated maybe ?

image.png.f9f0cec5438bb10c7f140ca2a6c24aaf.png

What colour is it?  

In MYTotoya App, Under Services, second icon 3 dot/bars, click that, bottom left is an icon and Warning Lights.  See if it is there.

22 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Lane departure alert system activated maybe ?

image.png.f9f0cec5438bb10c7f140ca2a6c24aaf.png

No it's not that thank you though

A photo may help.

20 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

What colour is it?  

In MYTotoya App, Under Services, second icon 3 dot/bars, click that, bottom left is an icon and Warning Lights.  See if it is there.

It's no colour,  it's not in the round dial. It is in the middle. Ita a car with ! This symbol on the car. Then the display shows my car and the bars one by one going around it like is checking something,  then goes off

Is your handbook any help?

You  presumably have the abbreviated owners manual which was supplied when the car was new. You can download the full owners manual from My Toyota, which may well describe what the icon you're seeing is for.

As previously posted, a photo of the icon will help identify what it is for.

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

A photo may help.

20210518_084401.thumb.jpg.71d8e48b26502010e2f34e72a54037e3.jpg

20210518_084424.jpg

20210518_084453.jpg

It is like it is scanning around my car for something 

Just now, Bshmorgan said:

It is like it is scanning around my car for something 

Top left of centre dash there is little car with a !   Next to it.  Then it goes off and back to outside temp reading as per normal

If you read page 91 and 92 of C-HR handbook it explains it’s about drive information 

Chirss, can you tell those of us driving other models what it means? 

It is not on my 91 92 page but it does mention it on pg 39. Drive infornation; select to display various data.

But it has just started to show this then after this is shows the bars going around my car in sequence like it is checking for something.  Wasn't doing this before I polished the inside ha. I wonder it I have juat changed or pressed a setting. I.may swing by toyota garage and ask them to clarify . Thank you for your reply Chriss27

• 3 weeks later...

They look like the anti collision sensor display, if you are parking and moving slowly towards a wall, they will start to turn red whichever sensor thinks you're getting too close.  There should be a similar display but at the back of the car when you're in reverse.

• 2 months later...

Crash/Parking/radar Sensor check at start-up. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's not a ! it's the letter i in a circle. It means "information" and is a generally accepted meaning for the icon (e.g. tourist information).

It's the heading (car information) for the current tab on the multi-function display. If you press the left and right buttons on the right spoke of the steering wheel, you'll see that the icon fades slightly as you move to a new tab, indicated by the little chevron under the arrow.

Hmm, I wonder if there is something obstructing one of the sonic proximity sensors, so it's having to recalibrate them every time?