Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help Please

iggygt4

please help!!!!!!!

i took it of to clean it (electrical spay)done all that took the black plastic cover off to be nosy and see what was in side,put it all back together,put it on the car NOW IT WONT RUN,it will start but then die after a couple of sec's,if i un plug the wire from it it will run but very very lumpy,,,,,,can any one help ???????????

thanks in advance............

aight iggy, the AFM needs to be plugged in to run (i know you probly knew this already, but if its not it wont sent a signal to the ECU so it will probably try to dump more fuel in)

Check make sure none of the connectors are damaged and that its all making contact.

Somewhere on the intake manifold there should be a little black cap/plug, if you remove it there should be a screw in there which allows you to adjust the idle rpm via the air flow. mark where it is with paint (what direction the screwdriver slit is facing). turn it clowckwise to increase air flow, and counter clockwise to lower it.

If this doesnt work try taking off the negative Battery terminal for a few minutes (to reset the ECU)- but make sure the airflow screw is where it started off.

Hope this helps and good luck

gerat cheers,i never knew u could alter it that way.........

it's sorted now...had i of the wires off so i soldered it back on and it fine,,,

also have you heard about a mod you can buy for the gt4 thast allows you to get rid of the a f m alltogether????

was talking to someone about it ,than phoned fensport up but they said you need a new ecu at a cost of £1000 :eek::eek:

did'nt fancy that much............

cheers for the help..........

hi again, cant say ive heard of that mod, dont suppose you know of a link that explains it? the only think i can think of is that it tells the ecu that its pumping in a specified amount of air..hmmm....lol....but for a grand they can look after it for now lol (plus I dont have a gt4 lol)

while im blabbering, il ad that i was wrong about the turning direction, clockwise lowers the rpm and counter clock- is to raise...and that you got to disconnect the fan while adjusting it (not when its runing tho lmao)

anyway, glad its sorted !!!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links