Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota 5+ Club ended 1st May 2021

FROSTYBALLS

Having recently seen members having difficulty applying for Toyota 5+ Club, which gave 20% off servicing and MOTs once one's vehicle reached 5 years of age, I queried with Toyota GB whether the 5+ Club was still being offered. The following is Toyota GB's reply:

"Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email regarding the Toyota 5+ Club.

I can confirm that the 5+ Club ended on the 1st May 2021 but at this time, we are not able to comment on future offers, products or services.

We at Toyota are extremely proud of the class leading quality, durability and reliability of our vehicles. We also continually review the value of our products, services and offers to make sure we are offering the very best proposition on the market to our customers. The 5 year warranty is applicable to any vehicles being ordered now & should there be a change, it will be well publicised through all of our communication channels.

I hope this helps and thank you for contacting Toyota GB.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC 
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK"

Further to the above, I can confirm I have seen that the Hybrid Battery Health Check can be done for £45 if you don’t take the Toyota car service which includes a free Health Check.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting and thanks for the information.  Why on earth is the Toyota web site still displaying the 5+ club?  The cars might be excellent but theirweb is definitely on a par with VW et al.

4 minutes ago, Anne Newbury said:

Why on earth is the Toyota web site still displaying the 5+ club?

Not that I've seen - the servicing page shows Toyota Relax.

So this is interesting.

With no MOT cover, breakdown cover and now the end of the 5 + Club, is the new TOYOTA Relax warranty really that much better over the five years? Seems like TOYOTA are giving with one hand but taking away with another.

Not really worthy of the 'excited' press statements perhaps?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's Interesting and thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd suggest that is not good. Being hard or problematic to register for is not a reason to remove it. Why disincentivize looking after your vehicle?

On 6/10/2021 at 5:35 PM, WazWii said:

So this is interesting.

With no MOT cover, breakdown cover and now the end of the 5 + Club, is the new TOYOTA Relax warranty really that much better over the five years? Seems like TOYOTA are giving with one hand but taking away with another.

Not really worthy of the 'excited' press statements perhaps?

On the other hand, what manufacturer offers up to 10 year warranty on major parts, not forgetting the up to 15 year warranty for hybrid Battery. If I remember the cost of a hybrid Battery was a major reason uninformed car owners were against hybrid cars.      
My opinion is the Relax warranty is worthy of “excited” press statements. And that is from someone who is likely to lose out on the new system because one of our cars is now 11 years old and the Relax warranty is of no use to that car. This year we took the Auris hybrid out of Toyota hands for servicing, but paid for a hybrid health check (£45).         
IMO the Relax warranty will prove to be good in the longer term. Of course it won’t suit everyone for various reasons, but we are all free agents and can decide what we think is best for our situation.

Was the “free” MOT really good. I read some saying an “in house” MOT could lead to repair jobs being “manufactured”.

Breakdown warranty being part of a deal not really bothered me. For about 12 years now I have used Start Rescue, proved reliable and last year cost less then £65 to cover BOTH our cars, not each, and that includes Home rescue as well.

21 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I'd suggest that is not good. Being hard or problematic to register for is not a reason to remove it. Why disincentivize looking after your vehicle?

Has someone said it was hard or problematic to register?

10 years is a shrewd move I think.  On one hand it's a long generous time, looks attractive to buyers.

On the other hand, decades of owning used cars has shown me that post 10 years is when the big stuff starts to fail.

• Like 1

Personally I'd wait and see how easy it is to claim on the Relax warranty... if the AC and gearbox failures in my crappy old Mk2 would be covered then yes, this is a scheme worth shouting about, but I suspect they would have wriggled out of it somehow, citing wear and tear probably, which would mean effectively almost nothing in the car is covered by the warranty.

That is why we were comparing it to the old Extended Warranty in another thread - That covered a lot more stuff and was a lot easier to claim under, at least from what I've heard from people that had one and had to use it anyway.

Two points “not moo”, 1) how old is your crappy M2, is it outside of the 10 year/100000 mile limit 2) maybe claims were making the old extended warranty not financially viable.

It’s a clever move by Toyota, extending a warranty up to 10 years, it should gain customer loyalty. 

I would imagine cars serviced outside of Toyota dealerships will be scrutinised carefully before being accepted onto the scheme. 

I was checking out a Skoda extended warranty for fairly young cars, think it was over 2 year olds. You had to present your car to a Skoda dealer for it to be pre inspected before the warranty was approved, or not.

• Haha 1

Toyota Europe had the Relax warranty in some European countries from April 2021 - Toyota GB have only fallen into line with Toyota Europe. So far the Relax warranty has only been in place in the UK from June, and we have yet to have any member report on how easy or otherwise the Relax warranty claim process is. I don't think it will be any more difficult than the purchased extended warranty claim process.

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

how old is your crappy M2, is it outside of the 10 year/100000 mile limit

Think Cyker replaced his Mk 2 Yaris with one of the current Yaris.

• Like 1