Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shift to P ?! HELP

Mar10r0ss

Hi people, 

Intro details 

2014 auris touring 1.8 hybrid 

Fault : When ignition on and select drive or reverse, engine doesn't turn on and says shift to park 

Immobiliser fault showing 

Previous water damage from dodgy windscreen.

Replaced Immobiliser, mpx ecu n body it fits in and power management ecu.

Cleaned all connections which plug into items above. 

Immobiliser doesn't seem to want to code in the second key. However the main key still won't turn the engine on regardless. 

Would anyone have any info on where to go/what to look for? 

Regards 

If main key wont work, and you cant program another key, based on what do you still think immobilizer module is good?

Module as a module, should be replaceable.

From what i remember, the keys are coded to immobilizer, so even if you replace the main ECU, the codes are still tied to immobilizer module.

You need to write the vin to the ecu and setup the ecu for your car, the keys will need to be programmed too

The ECU needs to talk to the gateway, immobilizer and cluster for security

• Like 1

When you say ecu do you mean all 3 of the ecu I've brought? Immobiliser, power management and mpx? As on the immobiliser they can't see how to get any further as it gets so far and says failed. (This is at a main dealer)

MPX = Main ecu, I if you have changed the B-ECU aka BCM that will need coding - this is the problem with throwing parts at a car rather than diagnosing the fault

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

MPX = Main ecu, I if you have changed the B-ECU aka BCM that will need coding - this is the problem with throwing parts at a car rather than diagnosing the fault

2 hours ago, furtula said:

If main key wont work, and you cant program another key, based on what do you still think immobilizer module is good?

Module as a module, should be replaceable.

From what i remember, the keys are coded to immobilizer, so even if you replace the main ECU, the codes are still tied to immobilizer module.

They haven't just checked parts without finding faults, everything listed was unfortunately water damaged. Will give advice about the MPX, 

Do you know if there's a certain way around you have to code things? As in immobiliser first, then mpx etc?

Regards 

I would spend a few euros at Toyota-tech.eu and you can look at files regarding replacing those modules, what you would need to do after, how to code keys, whole procedures. You will need Techstream to do the work, but i think you said you already have it.

If you haven't used Toyota-tech.eu before, it's Toyota's support portal that's paid access by the hour/day etc. Cheapest option is 3 euros an hour i think, day is maybe double that, not sure. But main thing is, you can print and save all documents for future use, so you don't have to spend that much time there.

The instructions are really detailed, it's well worth the money.

If it's at a Toyota Main dealer they should be able to do the work that's what you are paying for after all