Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Media system forgets paired bluetooth devices

Cornul11

I have a 2017 Toyota Auris. Whenever I pair my phone with the car, it works perfectly fine up until the moment I turn off the engine and restart it, when the media system completely forgets about my phone and does not have it in the paired devices list. Moreover, if I go into the paired devices list, I can see a Galaxy A50 in there, and even if I delete it, after turning off the system and restarting it shows up back again. I have already checked whether other settings get reset as well after restarting the media system, but everything persists with the exception of paired devices. I've even changed the car bluetooth name, and it doesn't get reset after restarting.
The most annoying part about this is that my phone/car do not automatically connect with each other for seamless media integration, and I have to pair them up each time I turn on the engine, even if it's a 5-minute ride.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem, and if yes, how may I solve it?

I wonder if there has perhaps been a software update and somehow your car has missed it.

Have you tried a different phone, see if that pairs and holds.?

Is the phone up to date with its software?

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

I wonder if there has perhaps been a software update and somehow your car has missed it.

Have you tried a different phone, see if that pairs and holds.?

Is the phone up to date with its software?

Yes, I bave tried a different phone, and that does not fix the situation, unfortunately. The phones I've used are using the latest possible updates.

I'm not sure about the media system update, I'm not even sure how one does that or is it an operation done only by the dealer?

Why not have a chat with the dealership, if it’s a common problem they should know about it, and so would members on here.

Alright then, I'll contact them and come with a follow-up later on.

Do you have a touch2 touchscreen

Go into Setup - General -System information

What software version do you have ?

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Do you have a touch2 touchscreen

Go into Setup - General -System information

What software version do you have ?

Yes, it's a touch 2 with go plus, and the version I have at the moment is 6.11.0HW.

Have you done a map update ?  as you have GO the bluetooth is handled by the nav module

What country are you in ? As update methods vary

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Have you done a map update ?  as you have GO the Bluetooth is handled by the nav module

What country are you in ? As update methods vary

I am in contact with the dealer at the moment and they said they can update the software to the 2021 v1 version.

• Like 1

have you checked to see if your phone is on the toyota

compatability list, we had an issue like this a few years ago

with our 13 plate auris hybrid , our lenova phone would work fine

and then suddenly would stop working & on some occasions it

would be removed from the paired list in the car

On 5/20/2021 at 12:51 PM, Cornul11 said:

Yes, it's a touch 2 with go plus, and the version I have at the moment is 6.11.0HW.

Yeah, that's a bit behind. I'm on 6.15 which was current as of June last year, just before the Map care ran out...

Okay, so I bought from eBay an activation code for the latest update because for 35 GBP and then updated my system from the 2016 maps to the 2021 maps and the software version from 6.7 to 6.17 and now the cars does not forget the paired devices and the connection is happening seamlessly whenever I get into the car. Apparently the problem I had is a bug the 6.7 version is suffering of.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue when I got my 2016 Auris hybrid last month. My iPhone connected by bluetooth but wouldn’t stream music to the Auris audio system. It was connected and paired. I found this video on YouTube which shows how to access a hidden secret menu in the Toyota Touch 2 with Go system which allows you to do a reset on the head unit. 
All worked 100% after reset. 
https://youtu.be/5_Z34pQ_pYs 
Set Factory Defaults & Reset Nav Calibration. 

It reset and fixed my bluetooth issues (iPhone 6S Plus and Toyota Touch 2 with Go). Hope this helps. No software update needed. Just a reset. 👍🏻

E571176C-3B74-4E28-8ECF-378B3631AD41.jpeg

• 9 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 4:30 PM, DaddyBaddy said:

I had a similar issue when I got my 2016 Auris hybrid last month. My iPhone connected by bluetooth but wouldn’t stream music to the Auris audio system. It was connected and paired. I found this video on YouTube which shows how to access a hidden secret menu in the Toyota Touch 2 with Go system which allows you to do a reset on the head unit. 

It reset and fixed my bluetooth issues (iPhone 6S Plus and Toyota Touch 2 with Go). Hope this helps. No software update needed. Just a reset. 👍🏻

This is the right solution. Thanks DabbyBaddy. You deserve la big glass of beer. I struggled during many days. Thank God for the Internet.

@Frankefa 🙂👍🏻 Glad my solution worked for you too. I hope it helps many other Auris owners too. Happy to help. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This also helpt for my Toyota Verso (2016)
Perfect solution and long lasting issue is solved. Even my garage could not solve this. They even exchanged the complete nav-kit, without succes. 
I did the reset (looked like nothing happened, since you only hear a beeb when the reset button is pushed) but after restarting the car and connecting my bluetooth devices, the problem was solved. 

Thanks DabbyBaddy

Glad I have helped others 😎

On 5/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, 1.8 hybrid said:

have you checked to see if your phone is on the toyota

compatability list, we had an issue like this a few years ago

with our 13 plate auris hybrid , our lenova phone would work fine

and then suddenly would stop working & on some occasions it

would be removed from the paired list in the car

Since the OP has fixed problem which was the system firmware, plus he tried other different phones, the compatibility list becomes less relevant these days, unless using an old phone. The latest Android is much more stable, plus Samsung S and A models have been solid performers with better bluetooth support. Also Samsung give regular updates just like Apple and Google. The main thing as the issue is resolved.    

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my Yaris (2017). At first, I couldn't delete the old paired devices. After every restart of the vehicle, the old bluetooth entries were always there. After a factory reset, all paired bluetooth devices were gone. My problem is that my Google Pixel 6 is not saved after a proper connection. After every engine start, my smartphone is no longer in the list of known devices. Have you found a solution?

On 6/11/2021 at 4:30 PM, DaddyBaddy said:

I had a similar issue when I got my 2016 Auris hybrid last month. My iPhone connected by Bluetooth but wouldn’t stream music to the Auris audio system. It was connected and paired. I found this video on YouTube which shows how to access a hidden secret menu in the Toyota Touch 2 with Go system which allows you to do a reset on the head unit. 

It reset and fixed my Bluetooth issues (iPhone 6S Plus and Toyota Touch 2 with Go). Hope this helps. No software update needed. Just a reset. 👍🏻

Had the same problem as the original poster. Followed the steps in this post and it fixed the issue. Thanks for sharing this solution! Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, Daffybrizzle said:

Had the same problem as the original poster. Followed the steps in this post and it fixed the issue. Thanks for sharing this solution! Cheers. 

Glad it fixed your issue @Daffybrizzle 👍🏻👍🏻