Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blendmount in Prius 2021 model

JonathanP

I wonder if anyone would be able to do me a favour and take a picture of the rear view mirror in a 2020 / 2021 Prius.
I have a Prius on order, but it's not due to arrive until September (currently have a CH-R and previously a Gen3 Prius).

I would like to mount my Blackvue Dashcam using a Blendmount, so I don't have to attach it to the windscreen.
For correct fitting they recommend sending pictures of the rear view mirror, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to send pictures as Blendmounts are shipped from California so I'd like to order one ready for when the Prius arrives.

You can see the Blendmount here Blendmount and I think I would need the extension part so that it clears the built in TSS equipment near the rear view mirror. Extension

If anyone can help it would be appriciated.

I keep checking my Toyota profile at the moment waiting to see if the car has started being built yet 🙂

Hi, the rear view mirrors are different in the different trim levels, you may download pictures from Toyota website. The active and business has standard mirrors where business plus and excel has auto dimming function. Maybe someone will also make some photos for you. 
Regards 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, the rear view mirrors are different in the different trim levels, you may download pictures from Toyota website. The active and business has standard mirrors where business plus and excel has auto dimming function. Maybe someone will also make some photos for you. 
Regards 

Thanks. I'm getting the Excel model so I'm wondering if the mirror is the same as my CH-R as that has the dimming mirror

3 hours ago, JonathanP said:

Thanks. I'm getting the Excel model so I'm wondering if the mirror is the same as my CH-R as that has the dimming mirror

Hi, I have a 2016 Prius Excel, if you think photos of that may help.  It has the self dimming action.

If you could please... I think the model hasn't changed much other than a few cosmetic changes inside.

When I emailed the company they requested pictures from the passenger side.

OK, here we are, hope they what you want/need.

P1020034.JPG

P1020033.JPG

P1020031.JPG

P1020032.JPG

P1020030.JPG

P1020029.JPG

• Like 1

That's great. Thanks ☺️

Can't wait for my Prius to arrive.

Good.  I understand the last couple years of Prius had mods to the electric drive giving even better mpg then the earlier Gen4's like mine. Best I have done which was mid June 2019 (real hot summer), a 50 mile journey from Telford to Chester - 96 mpg.  Ten days ago I did a 60 mile journey and did 71 mpg going, and, because it was more downhill 81 mpg coming back.  80+ mpg is achievable on a hot day, but 70+ not unusual even a couple days ago when temp was only 18 outside.  If you going to get more on a regular basis then I am jealous  😀

Just got to say, my Prius is the best car I ever had. In Sept it will be 5 years old, I have had it 3 years in June.  So comfy and easy to drive.

• Like 3