Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Hybrid 2019 on seat and steering wheel heating

Trackpad

Hi all, 

what's the seat and steering wheel heating like on the corolla, is it good or just ok? 

I am thinking of cold damp winter mornings rather than the fairly warm day that I had a brief test drive! 

cheers 

Never had a heated steering wheel but I had heated seats in my Auris and now my corolla.  Generally keep the seats on all the time  in witer.

Heated seats are fine, low and high settings. Not sure about heated steering wheel, is that even an option ?

I was told that heated steering wheel was not an option in the UK when I asked in February. 

sorry all, yet again I am finding out that there's lots of different specs between the UK and Germany. Heated wheel is available here. 

Heated seats are great in the excel.

I was looking forward to the heated wheel as stated in the specs when I ordered my company provided 2.0, only to find it wasn't there on delivery. 

When I queried,  I was told they aren't fitted, so yea, there are a lot of spec variations, and cold mornings are a case of hands frozen to the wheel  🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota are too tight fisted to fit heated steering in a 2021 2.0 GR.   Not tried the heated seats as yet. 

1 hour ago, Jon Ben said:

Toyota are too tight fisted to fit heated steering in a 2021 2.0 GR.   Not tried the heated seats as yet. 

I thought Toyota made and sold cars to make profits to invest. The items on you “I want list” would put quiet a bit extra on to the price of your car. 
You have often compared the £32000 you paid for your car with othe manufacturers cars at that price - are thos cars at £32k hybrid cars???

• Like 1

I have had heated seats for years.  SAAB were automatic, they came on and off when the designer said they should.  Mercedes could be switched on but also switched off when the designer decided.  

Why are the Toyota only manual? 

Could it be to give the person sitting in the seat control over how hot or cold they want it to be?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Catlover said:

I thought Toyota made and sold cars to make profits to invest. The items on you “I want list” would put quiet a bit extra on to the price of your car. 
You have often compared the £32000 you paid for your car with othe manufacturers cars at that price - are thos cars at £32k hybrid cars???

The power source is beside the point.    If you think the hybrid set up justifies the price. I hate to think what fully electric cars will cost once diesel and petrol ones are banned from production.  

Just now, Jon Ben said:

The power source is beside the point.    If you think the hybrid set up justifies the price. I hate to think what fully electric cars will cost once diesel and petrol ones are banned from production.  

Not only that But the same cars in other countries are more fully equiped. So why does Britain get the worst deals

1 minute ago, Jon Ben said:

Not only that But the same cars in other countries are more fully equiped. So why does Britain get the worst deals

That’s been explained on here a few times recently.

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I have had heated seats for years.  SAAB were automatic, they came on and off when the designer said they should.  Mercedes could be switched on but also switched off when the designer decided.  

Why are the Toyota only manual? 

Because they work that way. I suspect that Saab and Mercedes made sure you couldn't kill the Battery by leaving the seats switched on all the time. In the hybrid it matters less if you leave them switched on because you have a bigger ultimate electrical supply. Toyota clearly believe that if it works, don't fix it. The bonnet support is the best example of that (probably followed by the Infotainment system!). I'm clearly a dinosaur, as I am constantly surprised at what people complain about in their new car. Who in the UK needs a heated steering wheel! How many IT devices do you need running when you are driving? Phone plus radio/music plus satnav. Works for me.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jon Ben said:

You cannot dismiss the power source as quickly as you have. In a hybrid you well know you have an engine, the same engine you would have in a petrol only car. So the hybrid parts have an additional cost. 

Hi Rab. Ref heated steering wheel, it's one of those things that once you have had they are nice to keep! 

I find it very useful in the winter months when I have had to scrape off the ice from the outside windows. 

Once in the car the gentle heat comes through frostbitten fingers nicely!! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Trackpad said:

Hi Rab. Ref heated steering wheel, it's one of those things that once you have had they are nice to keep! 

I find it very useful in the winter months when I have had to scrape off the ice from the outside windows. 

Once in the car the gentle heat comes through frostbitten fingers nicely!! 

And therein lies the growth extras.  Market research and competition specs might lead to a widget being added.  I think SAABs headlight wipers are a case in point; others followed.  Others fitted rear wipers; SAAB didn't as they said they were not necessary; buyers demanded them and SAAB fitted them.

If they reduced a spec they risk losing market share.

1 hour ago, Jon Ben said:

With Toyota, and most other manufacturers, the importing organisation responsible for that country decides on the specs and content of specs they wish to sell in their area. So specs, in terms of titles and content, will vary - eg Irish specs will be different to those from Germany, France, the UK, etc. Not rocket science.

At the end of the day the purchaser is responsible for choosing the spec that best meets their budget, needs/wants, etc, and if certain features aren't available then they have the choice to accept what is offered or move on. 

Toyota don't visit these forums as we're an independent club, so if you wish to appraise Toyota of features you think they should include, contact Toyota.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

With Toyota, and most other manufacturers, the importing organisation responsible for that country decides on the specs and content of specs they wish to sell in their area. So specs, in terms of titles and content, will vary - eg Irish specs will be different to those from Germany, France, the UK, etc. Not rocket science.

At the end of the day the purchaser is responsible for choosing the spec that best meets their budget, needs/wants, etc, and if certain features aren't available then they have the choice to accept what is offered or move on. 

Toyota don't visit these forums as we're an independent club, so if you wish to appraise Toyota of features you think they should include, contact Toyota.

So we can only discuss what is decided by admin.?   Seems to go against the purpose of a forum   "a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest:    Dictionary definition.    Goodbye.

27 minutes ago, Jon Ben said:

So we can only discuss what is decided by admin.?  

That obviously isn't what was said. If you want your voice heard by Toyota, then you need to speak to them.

Best wishes for the future. Bye.

• Like 1

FB, indeed, I have passed on a couple of issues and they say they welcome the feed back.  One in particular is the proximity between ACC Resume and Off which can be awkward If you press off by mistake.

Ones I haven't mentioned is the need to press (Brake) Hold every time I start.  I would like the EV switch to be easier to find but I guess that is far less important.

20 hours ago, Roy124 said:

FB, indeed, I have passed on a couple of issues and they say they welcome the feed back.  One in particular is the proximity between ACC Resume and Off which can be awkward If you press off by mistake.

Ones I haven't mentioned is the need to press (Brake) Hold every time I start.  I would like the EV switch to be easier to find but I guess that is far less important.

I have mentioned before that having the drive mode switch on the steering wheel would be dead handy when 'Sport' mode would be useful. However, I suspect that it is not in the Toyota ethos to encourage traffic light burn outs on the models they sell as paragons of efficiency. One can probably get full performance in 'Normal' mode by smashing the accelerator pedal to the floor, but that always seems rather vulgar in the Corolla, which it never did in previous Alfa Romeos, MGs, VWs and Hondas.

I found pedal to the metal today in Eco mode still gave me quite enough poke.  Goodness knows what Sport would have done. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I found pedal to the metal today in Eco mode still gave me quite enough poke.  Goodness knows what Sport would have done. 

Sport would provide extra power from the electric motor if there is enough Battery charge and the car will fill slightly faster. But most of the time is just more sensitive pedal response. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up my original query. I have now bought a 2.0 Lounge TS which as it is German market spec does have the heated wheel. Pic shows the switch location. The elements are at the 2-4 and 8-10 position on the steering wheel (approximately) 

IMG_20210711_124545.jpg

• Like 1