Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New "ish" Car but strange tyres!

CoachSHS

So I have bought a 2004 Toyota yaris for my son's "learning to drive" car.  I wanted to check the tyre pressure and can't find the pressure for the tyres on our car.   The lady did say they were alloys and they are 185/55R15... the manual seems to think it should be 175/65R14 !  

Are the tyres we have ok? And if so what should the pressure be?  Thank you so much!

There may be a label either on the B pillar inside one of the front door openings or in the glove box which gives the tyre size and tyre pressures.

• Thanks 1

As you have the manual check it and it will have the information there. It’s possible that a previous owner fitted alloys of a larger size than the original 14s. You can’t go far wrong with 32psi front and 30psi rear. That’s a guesstimate that cannot be far out.

• Thanks 1

She gave us the original wheels, so she has changed the whole thing, not just tyres, sorry my horrendous vehicle vocabulary!  They dont match up with anything in the manual.  Can I just do a Google search for that size tyre and use that?

1 minute ago, CoachSHS said:

She gave us the original wheels, so she has changed the whole thing, not just tyres, sorry my horrendous vehicle vocabulary!  They dont match up with anything in the manual.  Can I just do a Google search for that size tyre and use that?

You can check here your make and model and all available wheel and tyres sizes, pressures and other information. https://www.wheel-size.com
if your size doesn’t match any of the above these set that she fitted might not be suitable for your car, it’s classed as modification and you need to inform your insurance if you haven’t done so, and if no any pressure information just keep them similar pressures as the original. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links