Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav

Davinder chadda

Is there any way to install free the maps and the navigation system in my Toyota CHR 2018,it’s has got big screen but not satnav,bought today,very disappointed when I found that it’s has not got satnav ,I thought it’s got big screen so should have navigation,I really like that car but need satnav also,if someone can help some how if I can get don’t mind to pay couple hundred but not thousands.

Thankyou.

No to free installation

The sat nav function is provided by a separate module (the 'Go' module) that is an add-on to the Toyota Touch 2 multimedia unit. You may be able to purchase a used module off the likes of eBay or from breakers.

Not just software.

• Thanks 1

My considered advice for what it’s worth Davinder, is buy yourself a Garmin or TomTom sat nav. It will probably cost you less than a quarter of what it would cost to install a Toyota system, and I’m not sure if you can. They have free lifetime updates and are generally trouble free. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

My considered advice for what it’s worth Davinder, is buy yourself a Garmin or TomTom sat nav.

I would agree with that.  My car does have the built in SatNav, but I always use my TomTom.  The main reason is that it's traffic information is way better than that of the built in system.  I've been told the Garmin traffic info is of the same standard, but have not seen it myself.

• Like 1

For sure, a sat nav on the screen looks neat. However what matters is the quality of the information shown/spoken. Toyota sat nav does not have a brilliant reputation in that respect for different reasons. You only have to trawl through user contributions on this forum to see the problems. 
Do as already suggested. A good Garmin or TomTom, and these days you get free updates for the life of the hardware in the device. Alternatively, and it popular, just use a smartphone. You can use Waze for free, and lots of other free maps, and for a small monthly fee you can have TomTom on the smartphone. Of course a smartphone can be used within the car system to receive and make phone calls (subject to legal use). Another plus point of smart phones, when you leave the car the phone/sat nav goes with you - not going to get nicked from the car (beware pick pockets though).

• Thanks 1