Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well its looking a lot like another RAV4

Rav Rob

2 hours ago, Shootgun said:

i think £220 i quite reasonable for all of the above , including jack and foam insert to fit, don't you think?

Remember, you can't have a full size rim on the  spare as it won't fit in the boot. What they did instead, they're offering an 18'' alloy with a tire to compensate for the difference to 19'' or 20'' , whatever size your wheels are.

Wife just got a new MG ZS with 18" wheels. Easily ordered a full official MG spacesaver kit (wheel, foam insert, tow hook, jack, wheel brace and retaining bolt) off a proper MG dealer on eBay selling them, cost £166 delivered next day in a very big MG box. (list price £195) so I think £220 is quite a lot for basically the same kit from Toyota.
No surprise - this seller has sold nearly 200 so far!

Can’t take any credit for this, it was lifted from another thread a while back:

B8FD83C4-5612-4C34-A8BB-01170FB32198.png

2 hours ago, Avalon said:

Can’t take any credit for this, it was lifted from another thread a while back:

B8FD83C4-5612-4C34-A8BB-01170FB32198.png

Tyre pressure monitor on an emergency space saver? why!   No idea what a spare wheel carrier is either.

I'm due next year and i'm having the same dilemma, loving thew 17p per mile I get on HMRC on a car that costs 13ppm, but the PHEV will probably not be on the list next year, seems to be around £40k the cars on the list today, so either a Kuga PHEV or Model 3 are current front runners.

Looks like the limit has been set below the level of the extra road tax for cars over £40K.  TBH I thought the limit was still at £50K when I first looked at the PHEV and it was only on further investigation that I realised that it had changed.

Yeah the tax thing is an issue, it doesn't affect BEV vehicles, but add's £30 a month in just RFL.

Shootgun, interesting to see 1st service is charged at £225, when it cost £190. Also, found where fixed priced repairs are hidden now on Toyota website (someone asked recently) - book a service online and lower down on the page you will have optional things, like brakes, wipers, etc...

12 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Tyre pressure monitor on an emergency space saver? why!   No idea what a spare wheel carrier is either.

Guessing you missed the green section being labelled as ‘Required’ and the other section - with TPMS in - ‘Optional’? As far as the carriers, I believe they are the inserts the wheel sits in, I also think it may have been Kingo who posted the full list, but I could be wrong on both. I am one of those annoying people with a full size spare, so if I had TPMS, it may make sense to have an extra sensor installed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrNuts said:

I'm due next year and i'm having the same dilemma, loving thew 17p per mile I get on HMRC on a car that costs 13ppm, but the PHEV will probably not be on the list next year, seems to be around £40k the cars on the list today, so either a Kuga PHEV or Model 3 are current front runners.

Be careful of the Tesla 3, spoken to many people running them and depending on season you can expect 3 to 4 miles per kwh from the Battery. You will only get paid 4p a mile (The EV AFR rate) which was set in 2018 and unlike the fuel rates, hasn't changed since. Of course it could change any time but there is no guarantee at all.

Depends on your electricity deal but energy prices have risen steadily since 2018 and are set to continue to rise, unless the EV AFR rises, its already borderline of running at a loss, you could end up out of pocket every mile. If you have to charge at a public charger such as a Tesla supercharger they charge 28p per kwh, at 4 miles per kwh (best case) your only getting 16p of that back so you don't want to do that often either. Of course the tax saving is attractive but we have to contribute to high value cars in my company, I worked out my lease contribution plus tax added together for another RAV4 worked out less, than the lease contribution for a Model 3 even without any tax. (I would only consider the long range model myself)

The Kuga PHEV is a good option, good to drive and good value. Its a long wait though, I know someone put in an order couple of weeks ago for one, expected in November!!

15 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Be careful of the Tesla 3, spoken to many people running them and depending on season you can expect 3 to 4 miles per kwh from the battery. You will only get paid 4p a mile (The EV AFR rate) which was set in 2018 and unlike the fuel rates, hasn't changed since. Of course it could change any time but there is no guarantee at all.

Depends on your electricity deal but energy prices have risen steadily since 2018 and are set to continue to rise, unless the EV AFR rises, its already borderline of running at a loss, you could end up out of pocket every mile. If you have to charge at a public charger such as a Tesla supercharger they charge 28p per kwh, at 4 miles per kwh (best case) your only getting 16p of that back so you don't want to do that often either. Of course the tax saving is attractive but we have to contribute to high value cars in my company, I worked out my lease contribution plus tax added together for another RAV4 worked out less, than the lease contribution for a Model 3 even without any tax. (I would only consider the long range model myself)

The Kuga PHEV is a good option, good to drive and good value. Its a long wait though, I know someone put in an order couple of weeks ago for one, expected in November!!

Yeah, me and a colleague regularly discuss this, and the BIK saving for a BEV against a PHEV is only £70 a month, so save the hassle and get the PHEV, we need to have this discussion with HR about the electric, one difference between petrol/diesel and electric is that electric if paid for my the company isn't treated as a benefit, so no tax if the company pays for it. So do they pay for the top ups and me the wall box? How to claim mileage after? Lots of questions that'll need answered before 2030. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Shootgun, have you got your spare wheel kit yet?

Not yet, I’ve been advised is delayed until the 14th

@Shootgun, OK thanks, delays are always frustrating but at least you have a date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:14 PM, ernieb said:

@Shootgun, have you got your spare wheel kit yet?

Finally managed to get the spare wheel fitted, the size is T165/80 D17 104M

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Shootgun said:

Finally managed to get the spare wheel fitted, the size is T165/80 D17 104M

Hope this helps!

Thanks, and is it a Toyota OEM product? Did it come with the tools and support insert?  Could I also ask what size wheels your model has?  Appreciated 

11 hours ago, ernieb said:

Thanks, and is it a Toyota OEM product? Did it come with the tools and support insert?  Could I also ask what size wheels your model has?  Appreciated 

It is a Toyota OEM product and it came with everything you need. My wheels are 19'' .

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

@Shootgun,  thank you that’s brilliant.  Now I need to see if I can twist the arm of my dealer or find another local to me that can order it for me. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links