Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member - Hello & Questions ?

GoonerKev

Hi everyone, just downsized from my C-HR 1.2T AWD Excel CVT to the Yaris 1.5 VVT-i Icon 2018😊, and very impressed, missed manual gearchange. Very happy with the car & quite nippy as well (not as much as my old GT86, now gone but that's a different beast). Has anyone put Wind Deflectors on & if so what type "Heko" or Genuine from Toyota OEM one's ??. And also anyone had a Central Armrest addition to their vehicle. Thank you for reading

Kev

24 minutes ago, GoonerKev said:

Hi everyone, just downsized from my C-HR 1.2T AWD Excel CVT to the Yaris 1.5 VVT-i Icon 2018😊, and very impressed, missed manual gearchange. Very happy with the car & quite nippy as well (not as much as my old GT86, now gone but that's a different beast). Has anyone put Wind Deflectors on & if so what type "Heko" or Genuine from Toyota OEM one's ??. And also anyone had a Central Armrest addition to their vehicle. Thank you for reading

Kev

Isn`t life funny ?

I changed from manual 35 years ago and never missed it !

A warm welcome to you Kevin.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, john p williams said:

Isn`t life funny ?

I changed from manual 35 years ago and never missed it !

A warm welcome to you Kevin.

It certainly is, thank you.

Welcome aboard, Kevin.

5 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

Welcome aboard, Kevin.

Thank you👍

I have the climair ones on mine - same as oem at half the cost - There are a lot of fake Heko items and b grade stuff on the net

i got mine from Climair uk (aka MD autospares) and they come direct from Climair Germany

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382132318649?fits=Model%3AYaris&hash=item58f8dc71b9%3Ag%3AoTUAAMXQs8FSNinA&LH_ItemCondition=1000

29 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I have the climair ones on mine - same as oem at half the cost - There are a lot of fake Heko items and b grade stuff on the net

i got mine from Climair uk (aka MD autospares) and they come direct from Climair Germany

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382132318649?fits=Model%3AYaris&hash=item58f8dc71b9%3Ag%3AoTUAAMXQs8FSNinA&LH_ItemCondition=1000

Many thanks Bob, I will do an order then, it's strange that the OEM ones seem to go straight along to the end of door, yet Climair & Heko go down with the quarter lights.

Kev

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

The first picture is not a Yaris

Its a 3 door iirc the doors are longer and there are different styles of deflector

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

The first picture is not a Yaris

Its a 3 door iirc the doors are longer and there are different styles of deflector

Thanks Bob, but that was the only pics I could get up, will have a better search then.

Kev

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The toyota ones seem to have come down in price alot

assuming you have a 5 door

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Yaris-Front-And-Rear-Window-Wind-Deflectors-2017-0861152860-/223453558989

It would seem so, that's the ones I was tempted to get !. Yes a 5 door.

Kev

I put Climair wind defectors on my Prius when I bought it 3 years ago. Cost me around £100 for four, direct from Climair in Kent somewhere IIRC. Came by post from Germany, which now may cost more, or not, I don’t know (Brexit). Look good, and more then that they deflect wind and rain, meaning you can crack a window open slightly and not get a fraught on your neck or rain dripping in.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CPN said:

Had those on my previous Yaris and they were excellent and very reasonably priced.

IMG_20170308_173622.thumb.jpg.d3af75f97e01a63e1c9d0ff9bd3133d5.jpg

Many thanks Colin👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

I put Climair wind defectors on my Prius when I bought it 3 years ago. Cost me around £100 for four, direct from Climair in Kent somewhere IIRC. Came by post from Germany, which now may cost more, or not, I don’t know (Brexit). Look good, and more then that they deflect wind and rain, meaning you can crack a window open slightly and not get a fraught on your neck or rain dripping in.

I had similar style's for my Kia Sportage, GT86 & C-HR and have all been good and done the job. Climair website does not list any for my year "2018 5 door VVT-i sadly.

2012-2020 are all the same, the eBay link is climair uk but the Toyota ones are now a lot cheap

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

2012-2020 are all the same, the eBay link is climair uk but the Toyota ones are now a lot cheap

Thank you Bob, just had an email from Toyota confirming that👍

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 9:44 AM, GoonerKev said:

Kev

Lots of armrests available on the internet. Just search Yaris armrests & you pays your money and take your choice.

Welcome to the forum Kevin 🚗

Hi again Kevin, re armrests I actually bought one on the internet from a company in Italy, called Wood Company Italy for my 2019 Yaris Hybrid. It was expensive but very good quality, and when I traded in the car I swapped it into my wife’s 2015 Yaris petrol and it fitted perfectly.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi again Kevin, re armrests I actually bought one on the internet from a company in Italy, called Wood Company Italy for my 2019 Yaris Hybrid. It was expensive but very good quality, and when I traded in the car I swapped it into my wife’s 2015 Yaris petrol and it fitted perfectly.

Hi Bernard

Yes I saw those on their site, a bit out of my price range, but must admit, they do look great.

11 hours ago, GoonerKev said:

Hi Bernard

Yes I saw those on their site, a bit out of my price range, but must admit, they do look great.

Much cheaper ones on Amazon 

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:01 AM, flash22 said:

Can you confirm that, Bob? That the ones I had on my 2017 Yaris (genuine Toyota part) will fit on my new TNGA Yaris?

2012 - 2020 as in the Gen 3 all the same Shell and side doors

Gen 4 are 08/2020 onwards there entirely a new car from the ground up that is why there are a few issues to be sorted out

Heko deflectors for the mk4

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174714691657?hash=item28adcea049:g:d~oAAOSwkbxgZdSV