Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TS GR Sport 2.0 incoming..

StreetHawk

Hi all, will be collecting my new TS GR Sport in a week, looking forward to my first hybrid, was really impressed with the drive.

Any other GR Sport owners here, how are you finding yours? 

• Like 3

Picked mine up last week, huge improvement over my previous Auris

First trip out today as the sun was shining

20210517_205802.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kevla said:

20210517_205802.jpg

Beautiful car and great choice of colour and trim 🚘👌

11 hours ago, Kevla said:

20210517_205802.jpg

Looks great, is that solid white or pearl? 

Picking mine up at lunchtime today, will add a pic here. 

Well if we are showing our GR sports, here's mine. Had it from end of March, just over 1000 miles so far.

20210529_172925.jpg

• Like 4

Collected mine today, had a nice drive home, so smooth compared to my diesel Focus. Need to go through the menus and see what’s what.. 

6E29AF82-253D-43AD-921D-28EF862A91C3.jpeg

01BBC6E4-3594-4977-B7D9-DC04D8ACAAC7.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Looks great, is that solid white or pearl? 

Picking mine up at lunchtime today, will add a pic here. 

Went with the pearl

Looks stunning! Did you get 18in wheels too? 

1 hour ago, Gray86 said:

Looks stunning! Did you get 18in wheels too? 

Thanks, yes it’s got the 18” wheels. 

55 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Excellent! I think the TS looks great with the 18s. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, StreetHawk said:

I thought all the sport's estates ran on 17" ?

9 hours ago, Alan Watt said:

Wheel sizes depends on trim levels and engine choices, starts from 16”-18” , best size for the car IMO is 17”, looks cool enough and drive is slightly better plus the tyres are cheaper but all depends of personal preferences, 16”:wheels also suits the car well, although look a bit on the smaller size. The 18” really fill the gap of the large arches but the road noise and comfort are a level down from other two options, perhaps better tyres can do it as many owners switch to Michelin and reported great results. 👍🚗🚙

10 hours ago, Alan Watt said:

MY21 2.0 GR Sports come with 18’s as standard, the 1.8 still comes with 17’s. 

Comfort is fine but I’m used to 18/19” wheels on previous cars. Road noise is certainly there, not too intrusive yet but time will tell, only done 80 miles so far! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Alan Watt said:

This was changed for the 2021 model year changes. The 2.0 Excel TS and 2.0 GR Sport TS now get 18s to match their hatchback counterparts. 1.8s get 17s 

My first commute today, happy with these figures, better than I was expecting. I don’t know how accurate they are though.

281C536B-776D-40DC-97D7-9B1CA526EBB2.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

My first commute today, happy with these figures, better than I was expecting. I don’t know how accurate they are though.

281C536B-776D-40DC-97D7-9B1CA526EBB2.png

Looks as good results from 2.0 TS with 18” wheels 👌

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly at 1000 miles already so thought I do an update if anyone is remotely interested… 

Really enjoying the car, feels like the right choice. It suits my laid back style of driving, used to diesels with low down grunt but this has enough with the electric assistance, found myself in the wrong lane at the front of some traffic lights so stuck it in sport and floored it… it’s got some shove! It’s very smooth and easy to drive, I think I’ve figured out how to get the best from it. 

The suspension is probably the best I’ve ever had in a car, it absorbs the bumps very well while being not too shabby in the corners. It’s nowhere near as sharp as my old Focus but that car was a bit too firm and the steering wheel used to skip around over bumps. It feels better out together than the Focus, makes a much nicer thud when shutting the door. The interior materials feel better quality too. 

There are some gripes though, the radar cruise and steering assist/lane guidance works ok but not as well as it did on the Focus. The heated seat switches are not in the best position, I’ve accidentally turned my seat to high when putting my phone in the centre console several times. The DRL’s are pretty uninspiring, they could have used the Excel front lights which look much nicer. Also, it keeps double beeping at me, no message or light on the dash, normally at lowish speed, haven’t figured out why yet.

MPG is better than expected, I would have been happy with 50 but it’s averaging 57 with my commute to work getting 65-70 and 65% on electric which surprised me. 

So far, so good.. 

• Like 1

Yeah that's one thing I love about my Yaris Mk4 - I can drive it the way I did my old diesel! I really missed the low down diesel torque when I was forced to change from my Mk1 D4D to the 1.33 Mk2. I knew petrols didn't have the torque of a diesel, but you'd think something with 100HP would be noticeably nippier than something with 74HP - How wrong was I!

The beeping is likely either the speed warning or the lane keeping, I trigger those a lot in my Mk4...! It doesn't help that the camera keeps picking up the speed signs on lorries - It sometimes thinks the limit is 30 in an NSL zone, and once when a foreign lorry went past me it said the limit was 80... in a 40 zone! :laugh:

• Like 1

I’ve turned off the lane departure warning so can’t be that but it could well be the speed limit warning, will look at that next time it happens. I also had a rogue speed limit displayed once, was on a NSL road with a red 40 lit up, not sure where that came from.