Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 Go - Display B road numbers

Redwards

Hi

Had my Corolla a couple of weeks now and loving it so far.

One small issue I have is that the navigation does not display B road numbers.

Is there a setting I can change or am I stuck with it?

I am coming from years of Renault with integrated Tom Tom which does display B road numbers.

I know I could use Android Auto but I would prefer to use the integrated navigation.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

I know I could use Android Auto but I would prefer to use the integrated navigation.

I think your comment answers the question. I rarely use the integrated navigation as it's just not good enough compared to Google Maps shown via Android Auto on the car display. It shows the road type indicator (A or B) all the time. I believe other AA-compatible apps like Waze also do.

I note also that the Toyota nav map doesn't show changes to some roads in my area, I guess not until there's a map update from Toyota. Google Maps via AA, on the other hand, are frequently updated automatically by Google.

No contest in my view!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Luke717

Looks like I need to go down the Android auto route, unless Toyota updates the software.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike the AA map displays, i don't have an adequate data plan and I don't like the display with the navigation panel superimposed on the map, Google at least. I confess to not persevering with AA.  

Regarding the Toyota map updates, are we told there is an update or do we have to keep checking?

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

I dislike the AA map displays, i don't have an adequate data plan and I don't like the display with the navigation panel superimposed on the map, Google at least. I confess to not persevering with AA.  

I guess it's a Marmite-like thing 😊