Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Spoiler

GoonerKev

Having just purchased a Yaris 1.5 VVT-i Icon 2018, I was thinking of adding a rear spoiler to it, there seems a few on fleabay and other sites & and Toyota want almost £400 for one (fitted), has anyone fitted one at all and where was it from, thank you.

Kev

Why would you want to fit a rear spoiler? The additional drag will result in increased fuel consumption and the downforce could be easily achieved by a few bags of sugar in the back.

• Haha 3

A body colour pre painted spoiler  are around £220 from Toyota plus the fittings, the GRMN one is over £1K and its not even carbon

Mine is an excel so has the spoiler as standard but have removed and refitted a spoiler on another Yaris

Do you know your paint code ? if not PM me your VIN so i can look it up ?

Drag/downforce is negligible its more just for a style, each to their own people like to make their cars their own

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

A body colour pre painted spoiler  are around £220 from Toyota plus the fittings, the GRMN one is over £1K and its not even carbon

Mine is an excel so has the spoiler as standard but have removed and refitted a spoiler on another Yaris

Do you know your paint code ? if not PM me your VIN so i can look it up ?

Drag/downforce is negligible its more just for a style, each to their own people like to make their cars their own

Bob

£220 sounds OK, thanks for that. I will PM you👍

Don’t forget to add the cost of the insurance loading each year, I can name at least one insurer who has refused a claim and gone to court over 3 small sunflower stickers before - I’m insured by them 😞

18 hours ago, Avalon said:

Don’t forget to add the cost of the insurance loading each year, I can name at least one insurer who has refused a claim and gone to court over 3 small sunflower stickers before - I’m insured by them 😞

We all know that insurers grab whatever they can from the motorist, change of plate to personal plate £25 please !, an added alarm system £25 please!, a Roof Rack added £25 please !. We all know that any addition to a vehicle has to be submitted to the insurance company however trivial or small so they can rake more in.............but we don't😉

2 hours ago, GoonerKev said:

We all know that insurers grab whatever they can from the motorist, change of plate to personal plate £25 please !, an added alarm system £25 please!, a roof rack added £25 please !. We all know that any addition to a vehicle has to be submitted to the insurance company however trivial or small so they can rake more in.............but we don't😉

Speak for yourself, while I have no love for insurers, I have even less love for people who risk increasing my premium/me having to claim on my insurance due to them having invalid insurance. I have had a car written off by someone who was uninsured, I claimed on my policy, paid my excess and took the hit, they were convicted and fined, then fled the country. It took another 9 months, but my insurer tracked them down and made them pay not only my claim cost and excess, but my insurers costs and the recovery costs, the recovery agency also made a nice markup and the reasonably new Audi they were driving was also a total loss.

Within the family/friends we have two people who have worked in insurance assessment/fraud detection as you can imagine the hypothetical stories over the years have been interesting. Admittedly for most insurers a spoiler isn’t going to result in a refusal, simply a deduction from any payout of the additional premium that would be charged and the admin fee, except if you are insured by an insurer who has a zero tolerance approach to any modification and wouldn’t have agreed to underwrite the policy if they had been disclosed. That’s how a customer with three small sunflower stickers on her car ended up going to court.

So yes, I pay £20 to update my policy if I need to, but I do tend to group my disclosures sensibly to minimise cost where possible.

11 hours ago, Avalon said:

Speak for yourself, while I have no love for insurers, I have even less love for people who risk increasing my premium/me having to claim on my insurance due to them having invalid insurance. I have had a car written off by someone who was uninsured, I claimed on my policy, paid my excess and took the hit, they were convicted and fined, then fled the country. It took another 9 months, but my insurer tracked them down and made them pay not only my claim cost and excess, but my insurers costs and the recovery costs, the recovery agency also made a nice markup and the reasonably new Audi they were driving was also a total loss.

Within the family/friends we have two people who have worked in insurance assessment/fraud detection as you can imagine the hypothetical stories over the years have been interesting. Admittedly for most insurers a spoiler isn’t going to result in a refusal, simply a deduction from any payout of the additional premium that would be charged and the admin fee, except if you are insured by an insurer who has a zero tolerance approach to any modification and wouldn’t have agreed to underwrite the policy if they had been disclosed. That’s how a customer with three small sunflower stickers on her car ended up going to court.

So yes, I pay £20 to update my policy if I need to, but I do tend to group my disclosures sensibly to minimise cost where possible.

I was talking about trivial things, like adding a Phone holder/Dash Cam/Reversing Sensors not anything major👍