Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla and Android Auto

NickS22

Hi all

My 2019 Corolla HB/TS seems not to be compatible with Android Auto.
Is there any way to display Google Maps (or similar app) on my navigation screen?

TIA

Nikos

2 hours ago, NickS22 said:

My 2019 Corolla HB/TS seems not to be compatible with Android Auto.
Is there any way to display Google Maps (or similar app) on my navigation screen?

When you say, "not compatible with Android Auto," what do you mean? Does AA just not work when you plug a cable to your phone and connect it to your car? What happens exactly?

Depending on what phone you have and the version of Android it runs, it should work, assuming your car has had the Android Auto update for 2019 models that your Toyota dealer can do.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Luke717 said:

When you say, "not compatible with Android Auto," what do you mean? Does AA just not work when you plug a cable to your phone and connect it to your car? What happens exactly?

Depending on what phone you have and the version of Android it runs, it should work, assuming your car has had the Android Auto update for 2019 models that your Toyota dealer can do.

Thank you. When I plug my spartphone to the USB port of my car and I try to connect with AA nothing happens. Presumably my car hasn't had the update you are mentioning.

Which country are you in?

Are you using a data cable?

37 minutes ago, NickS22 said:

Thank you. When I plug my spartphone to the USB port of my car and I try to connect with AA nothing happens. Presumably my car hasn't had the update you are mentioning.

One thing to check is whether you have the basic phone and car requirements. Per Android Auto support:

1. An Android phone with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and up, an active data plan and the latest version of the Android Auto app.
  2. A compatible car. Find out if your car or stereo is compatible with Android Auto.
  3. A high-quality USB cable.

https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019#usb&zippy=%2Candroid-auto-on-your-car-display-with-a-usb-cable

Also, worth reviewing this thread from here in this Forum:

Which country you're in might have a bearing, per @FROSTYBALLSquestion.

Thank you very much both of you!

I am in Luxembourg. I guess I'll ask my local dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links