Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine sounds weird

Pest82

Hard to say. The recording seems to accentuate the higher frequencies... are you sure it is not just the normal clackety clack noise from the injectors?   

4 minutes ago, Mooly said:

Hard to say. The recording seems to accentuate the higher frequencies... are you sure it is not just the normal clackety clack noise from the injectors?   

this is mi first Yaris, so I'm not sure eider about the sounds.

its a bearing ish sound coming from that area .

will try to record it again.

Sounds like a yaris to me, that's normal injector and valve train noise (first vid)

Was the engine hot or cold ? A/C and heater off ?, the revs dip then pick up it sounds like the a/c pump kicking in - does it blow cold ?

What was your previous car ?

Edit. 1.3 1NR-FE ??

My last car was a lexus is250 

7 minutes ago, Pest82 said:

That xxxxx chxxxxx sound

It's hard to listen in the video, but wife describe as Whisker noise 

My ear can’t detect anything unusual. If the car is behaving normally and no warning lights showing, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. You might just be over analyzing things.

• Like 1

Sounds like a yaris to me, it may be the air intake (induction sound)

Try and turning it off at night then back on in the morning that usually resets the misses 😉 tho some versions retain errors for long periods - that can be reset with ice cream and/or alcohol in varying quantities, flowers may cause irritation

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pest82 said:

My last car was a lexus is250 

Case closed.

• Like 1

thank you for your answers

probably the issue is not the car then, but with the owner 😅 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pest82 said:

thank you for your answers

probably the issue is not the car then, but with the owner 😅 

20210515_134139.jpg

Assuming it's a 1.33l vvti (1NR-FE, as Bob questioned), that sounds exactly the same as mine. e.g. a bag of spanners!

I'll try and post a video of mine as a comparison - tomorrow.

Sounds normal to me but check engine oil level just in case.

Just been at the dealer as I had to pick up my mats and asked them to have a look and it's all fine 🙂 

20210524_185158.jpg

20210524_185205.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pest82 said:

Just been at the dealer as I had to pick up my mats and asked them to have a look and it's all fine 🙂 

"They all do that, sir"? 🙂

Sounds like ours. I’ve queried a bearing-type noise on ours at Toyota, and they said it sounded the same as another one they had at the dealership. Does sound like an alternator bearing (on ours at least) 

iirc the A/C pumps are constant drive and are coupled internally rather than an electro clutch/pulley

There are two unpleasant sounds , first one is the typical Toyota engine sound, all Priuses and other hybrids sounds like that, the second is more rough and keeps coming and going, that might be some pulley or bearings, whatever has ones and they rotate with the crankshaft or the belt itself, or even the timing chain. If it’s me I will change the oil and do engine flush, than will change the belt with Gates, these are one of the best belts available and often fix exactly similar issues, however needs to be diagnosed first, than will look for anything else, but tbh if you don’t hear it inside, the engine is running sweet no need to worry to much, just enjoy your car, I like this red Yaris a lot , good choice 👍 🚗