Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing the rear seat base?

fordulike

The base of my rear seat rattles over uneven roads, so I want to remove it to add a strip of foam to take out the play in the seat.

Has anyone actually done this? Although it looks like it's just push clipped in at the front edge, I don't want to break any clips if it's not just a simple push fit clip.

They are usually ultra stiff 200-300mm in from the edge and pull up- you may have to tug on them a few times

1263587478_Aygo-2012rearseatlower.thumb.jpg.7fd25334e4a51f6fd5be036f2e2a9da9.jpg

Done it, cheers Bob. I can now see why the thing is rattling. The plastic mounting clips literally rattle around in the space where they fit in the bodywork.

I know these cars are built to a budget, but that really is a shoddy design 🤨

Cheers guys, I have that issue, other half always means on about it, so I might give it a try.

Do I just tug on it upwards and it comes off? I'd be scared to break the seat let alone the clips

3 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Do I just tug on it upwards and it comes off? I'd be scared to break the seat let alone the clips

I grabbed the seat, either side of the clip, and gave it a good pull. There's 2 clips altogether.

You'll see what i mean when i said it's a shoddy design. They should have made it out of rubber instead of hard plastic. Then it wouldn't make such a racket.

3 hours ago, fordulike said:

I grabbed the seat, either side of the clip, and gave it a good pull. There's 2 clips altogether.

You'll see what i mean when i said it's a shoddy design. They should have made it out of rubber instead of hard plastic. Then it wouldn't make such a racket.

Cheers

So how did you cure the issue exactly once the seats removed?

Has it completely cured the annoying rattle?

9 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Cheers

So how did you cure the issue exactly once the seats removed?

I've Araldited the plastic clips in place, but it doesn't fully cure for 24hrs, so I won't be giving it a proper test until tomorrow.

I'll post if it works or not.

14 hours ago, fordulike said:

I've Araldited the plastic clips in place, but it doesn't fully cure for 24hrs, so I won't be giving it a proper test until tomorrow.

I'll post if it works or not.

Cheers mate.

Did you find much loose change once the seat was removed?

Be amazed what you'd find under a bench seat!

Cheers mate.

Did you find much loose change once the seat was removed?

Be amazed what you'd find under a bench seat!

2 pence and a wood screw 😁

Someone left a 12V Battery and a high voltage Battery pack under my back seat, i had a Corsa B the previous owner must have had 2 girls, the mess just under that back seat was unreal inc £6 odd in change no matter how well it was cleaned i still found glitter years later

those clips go brittle with age and there £4-5 each

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2021 at 11:45 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

It's got rid of the majority of the rattle, but there's still something making a noise back there. As long as the suspension isn't falling apart, then I'll just turn the radio up 😁

5 hours ago, fordulike said:

It's got rid of the majority of the rattle, but there's still something making a noise back there. As long as the suspension isn't falling apart, then I'll just turn the radio up 😁

Hi

Ahh thats a shame re the continuing rattle.

I'm unsure if it is the rear seat bench that causes the rattle, could it be the seat belt holders instead? 

Tbh these aygos have so much rattle from so many various places its unbelievable and unreal! 

I think we need to simply accept them and move on and agree that its sort of the cars personality in a way! Otherwise you'll be stripping the entire vehicle of its interior and exterior lol.

They are ever so cute though and easy to drive otherwise my baby would have been long gone.

5 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Tbh these aygos have so much rattle from so many various places its unbelievable and unreal! 

I think we need to simply accept them and move on and agree that its sort of the cars personality in a way! Otherwise you'll be stripping the entire vehicle of its interior and exterior lol.

I agree, one could drive themselves crazy chasing all the rattles.

One more thing I might try is the rear windscreen glass support telescopic damper. I've read somewhere that it could be a source of rattle. Failing that, radio max 😁

😁😁

On both Aygo mk1 and mk2, what surprised me most is that the suspension started squeaking very early! I have an underground parking lot which is very silent. When I drive into it, the car sounds like an old cupboard.

On the Aygo mk2, the spare wheel option is atrocious, it keeps wobbling. I had to add foam.

Like every car, I recommend not to dissasemble anything, because when you assemble it back, it gets noisy.

• Like 1

I've looked into the rear glass damper thingy creating a rattle and it certainly rattles about at the bottom pivot point.

Only does it when the hatch is closed. Tested, by wiggling it from the rear seat.

Might try a fix next week sometime. Will post if it cures the rattle, or at least one of them.