Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 tyres

Tracy P

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum, after a bit of advise please.

Purchased new Rav4 in December, u had tge unfortunate situation had to replace a tyre due to screw too near to the tyre wall. When I took the car to  a repair centre apparently they are not stocked in the UK. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue, as I cannot believe toyota supply new car when you can ot get hold of the tyres? Dunlop 225/60/R18 100H PT

Thank you 

Tracy

Moved to the Rav4 club.

See Tyres on new 2019 RAV4 Hybrid - Page 4 - Rav 4 Club - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum

Part of the issue was that Dunlop tyres are made by Sumitomo for the Asian market and by Goodyear for the European market. Goodyear don't have the same design tyres. European market cars are made in Japan and for a period were fitted with the Sumitomo made tyres. Believe now that UK Rav's have different brands fitted as OE.

Mine came with Toyo Proxes 3 weeks ago, so I guess they've changed. 

They se4em to come with a number of different tyres - mine had Bridgestone Alenza H/L 33, which I'm quite pleased with.  I know you can get them, as I bought a full size spare wheel and my dealer got a matching tyre for it.  Of course, some cars (like the Excel) now have 19" wheels instead of 18", which may see some different choices.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few PTs available on eBay now, some 'as new'. Quite a number of owners have immediately changed all the tyres to alternative brands. I put Michelin CrossClimates on my (ex-demo) RAV4.

• Thanks 1

I’ve ended up fitting Michelin CrossClimates on my last 3 cars.  My last car a Subaru XV was fitted with really awful tyres and were changes within weeks of ownership to CrossClimate SUV tyres, fantastic.  I’ll see how I go on the Yokohama Advents fitted to the new RAV4.

• Thanks 1

Thank you I have had the PT put back on however I'm still concerned that if I have an issue again will the tyres be available. I must say inchcape at Basingstoke were really helpful and said if it happens again then they would research the best tyre to change all 4 over! 

• Like 1