Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are lead times accurate, or any chance I can get my car sooner :)

Phil Stubbington

Hi,

Ordered a new RAV Hybrid Icon on the 17th May and been quoted 17th June for it to be at the dealer, then a couple of days before it gets to us.

Impatient to get our new car, so kind of hoping it'll arrive earlier... has anyone got theirs quicker, slower or is this about average?

Thanks,

Phil

That's ridiculously quick - some folk have had to wait months if not a year for the car to be scheduled, built, shipped from Japan, landed in the UK, transported to their dealer, prep'd and delivered. Yours must be a cancelled order that is already in Bristol and just needs the final transport and prep stages doing ...

(just as mine was!)

It really does depend if it’s coming from Japan or already “in country” 

my dealer kept me updated every week up to the point where it was on the ship ( a journey that takes weeks ). This ship actually got redirected due a tropical cyclone in the area during its journey to the uk.  Then out of the blue a week before delivery date , the dealer said it had arrived at Tilbury and was being shipped to them. 

Picked the car up 2 days before estimated delivery. So pretty accurate. 

I ordered my PHEV on 21st Feb and was quoted a delivery date of 25th May, I picked it up on that date.  I agree that if Toyota UK have preordered a number of models without a specific order then it’s a case of the dealer getting a stock allocation.  It sounds like your car is already on the high seas and will dock in Portbury, Bristol soon.  I used a  I look at the Portbury inbound ships and guessed a ship based on its original and flag.  It was good fun to track its location using a vessel tracking web site.  Good luck with your delivery date.

Not a RAV but my Corolla was built less than 20 miles from my house... yet it still took 3.5 months for me to get my mitts on it! So your month is pretty quick by most people's experience. It will soon come round and the car will probably be all you hoped it would be. Enjoy your new vehicle when it appears! ☺️

10 days from ordering to delivery for a grey dynamic in March. MyToyota app showed the car was already at Derby where they are inspected etc. Assume either another cancelled order or they have some unsold stock cars available.
You could look on the app to see where you car is. Starts in Japan then the port of Bristol then Derby then your dealer.

Yes, I've got the MyToyota app but it's only showing that it's left Toyota City.  Annoying it doesn't show dates against each stage 😞

ordered 17th may expecting 18th June,

cant find an info on my toyota app, what info from dealer do i need for app?

Hi Roger,

I created an account on the Toyota UK website, and used the same email address when I spoke with the dealer.  I've not got any other information from the dealer so I guess some magic happens.  

regards,

Phil

1 minute ago, Phil Stubbington said:

Hi Roger,

I created an account on the Toyota UK website, and used the same email address when I spoke with the dealer.  I've not got any other information from the dealer so I guess some magic happens.  

regards,

Phil

thanks Phil, will have to look and check with dealer.

I created a Toyota account and used it to log into the MyT app on both my iPad and Android phone.  This showed the car I had ordered and the internal order number.  I got e-mails from Toyota at each stage of the process, except the last one, with an explanation of the stage and process.  It seems to me that this is a work in progress and the stages could be expanded and more detail added that’s said it’s better than nothing and all though my dealer was good at keeping me informed during the manufacturing progress I was often ahead of the game.

No matter how many cars I have bought over the years it’s an exciting process and the app even in its current state is great.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, roger_37 said:

ordered 17th may expecting 18th June,

cant find an info on my toyota app, what info from dealer do i need for app?

got call to-day from dealer tow bar fitted expected in n.i. 12th so pickup dayys later,i hope

• Like 1

So, by way of an update, delivery date is 14th June 2021, so earlier than their initial estimate.

Looking forward to it 🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, philip42h said:

That's ridiculously quick - some folk have had to wait months if not a year for the car to be scheduled, built, shipped from Japan, landed in the UK, transported to their dealer, prep'd and delivered. Yours must be a cancelled order that is already in Bristol and just needs the final transport and prep stages doing ...

(just as mine was!)

Not according to the MyToyota app or the dealer.  14th June 2021 delivery date confirmed now.

So, car has arrived at the dealer today (was expecting it to be Friday 11th).  All going very quickly - good thing too considering how impatient I am 😉

• Like 2

Enjoy 🙂