Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Brace ?

152bobby

Bought this today, not even thinking that the socket would not fit the wheelnuts on my Rav !!!

Can someone supply a link to a socket that will fit this and be compatible with my Rav ?

Screenshot_20210527-223100.png

The first one at £3.11 ?

Or you can get similar wheel braces on line which come supplied with two sockets covering 17 and 19 mm and 21 and 23 mm so all size nuts covered. Screwfix will accept returns.

I've opened it to test it, rather than chucking it in the boot, to find out later down a dark scary rainy road that it didn't fit !!  So a adapter socket is needed.

With an extendable bar like that, the socket is going to slip well before you crack it, but an air impact rated socket will hold up to abuse better.

Personally I would have suggested a Clarke 12v corded impact gun. Yes it’s £35ish without discount, but it will remove the most stubborn of wheel nuts in seconds and comes with the correct size impact sockets. It’s also useful when doing other jobs, and for all I have a vastly more capable air and mains impact gun’s, the ‘toy’ one that lives in the back of the car has yet to let me down, even on suspension and wishbone jobs, so much so that the other two haven’t moved in years now other than when loaned to friends, which  reminds me…

Just looked at the Clarke 12v, does that really work with stubborn wheelnuts ?

Yes, obviously don’t use it to tighten the nuts back up if you can avoid it, but it’s more than up to the job of undoing even stubborn ones. I purchased it when I was mid house move, everything else was in storage and I figured it would be crap for the money, it’s one of those rare occasions where I have been surprised about how capable a cheap tool was. Also no Battery to charge/find it’s dead when you need it.

Ok, thanks