Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starter motor removal on Toyota Yaris 1.4 Diesel

Nasar

Wanted advice on how to remove Starter motor on  my Toyota Yaris. I have tried to remove the starter motor on my Toyota Yaris but with no success. I found two bolts that I thought were holding the  motor in place but still unable to remove it. Any advice on how to remove it  will be appreciated. I need to replace it as I am unable to start the car. The motor is definitely faulty as I tried hitting the motor and then started the car and it started ok. 

Before stripping out the starter first make sure you don't have a bad earth on the engine block (the link between the chassis and engine as they're prone to damage and corrosion), test between Battery positive and any metalwork on the engine, it should be the same as across the Battery itself and greater than 12 Volts and greater than 10.5 volts when being cranked over.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links