Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Service charge

rushy45

The service charges are getting silly, the standard charge seems to be £190 inter, £340 full, Johnson’s Toyota have trumped this, 225 &. 375. The only thing you actually get extra in the full is a air filter and more checks,  brake fluid change is marked as extra, mot full price even done with service, that’s £425 for mot and service + brake fluid whatever that costs. Bit much. They have also done away with essential care and 5+ Services. Think after all these years I will be looking for alternatives.

• Like 1

Essential Care ended in 2019, and 5+ Club ended 1st May 2021. However, that isn't to say that Toyota won't be bringing out a replacement scheme.

Servicing costs aren't too different to other manufacturers.

Choice is yours.

Hi Mike, we got 2 Toyota hybrids, both due service at the same time (just by chance), this year both need intermediate, so that £380. What’s hurting this year is the wife’s car has only done 1200 miles, it’s a hybrid so the engine has probably only turned for 800 miles, and the oil and filter are due to be change, and I insist on 0w-20 which is expensive. My Prius has done 2200 miles in the last 12 months, so again engine only worked say 1400 miles. I do wonder will the oil/filter get changed.                             
My Prius is 5 year old end of September so it needs a Toyota service to keep any chance of “goodwill” in case of big problem in the future. However the wife’s 2010 Auris Hybrid is costing £530 for 2 years service for an 11 year old car, still running well with 78k miles. Most likely I can forget about Toyota goodwill because it’s former owner missed an annual service presumably because the car only did 6,000 miles in the two years. So I in a dilemma, do I take the service to an independent service centre (vat registered) and stipulate Toyota approved parts be used and then pay Toyota £45 for the hybrid Battery health check………. Probably not save a lot. The Auris is due it’s mot next Friday and I got it booked into a garage I have insight for doing the service couple weeks later, it’s a tester.

• Like 1

Even using their 5+ Club the prices were still extortionate (the card is stuffed in some random drawer). Therefore I had a main dealer service at 5 years, to be fair, they did reduce to the 5+ price in spite of it being a couple of weeks to the first registration date. However, some items were not included which were if paying full price.

If I were rushy45, with a 2013 car, it should be more cost effective to use a local, recommended establishment for servicing and repairs. I do, it's half the price and they do a good job without "forgetting" some items that the main dealer did! Plus they are real mechanics, not parts changing "technicians" who blindly follow a computer for diagnoses.

Main drawback, no sit and wait in a glass palace, no wifi and no "free" coffee and biscuits.:laugh:

• Like 1

I did contact Toyota's head office, to ask if they might be replacing the 5+ Club in the near future, but they gave nothing away that they may or may not. I suspect not.

Shame, coz I was gonna get mine major serviced next week at the dealers. Will be an independent now. I will miss the good customer service though 😔

• Like 1

Thanks, I had no idea the 5+ scheme was ending. My local dealership offers a loyalty club with a 10% discount so that would compensate somewhat. Starting to wonder if it’s worth it on a 7 year old/50k miles car.

28 minutes ago, mcntosh said:

Thanks, I had no idea the 5+ scheme was ending. My local dealership offers a loyalty club with a 10% discount so that would compensate somewhat. Starting to wonder if it’s worth it on a 7 year old/50k miles car.

I phoned Toyota to book the Auris in for a service and they said the 5+ club is being replaced with Toyota relax. This gives the car a 1 year warranty after the service to to 10 years old.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mcntosh said:

Starting to wonder if it’s worth it on a 7 year old/50k miles car.

I think, once the manufacturer's warranty has run out on a vehicle, then dealer servicing becomes slightly less appealing. Probably why Toyota introduced the 5+ Club. It certainly kept me sticking with the dealer network, so I don't really understand Toyota's logic behind scrapping it.

• Like 1

Just now, fordulike said:

I think, once the manufacturer's warranty has run out on a vehicle, then dealer servicing becomes slightly less appealing. Probably why Toyota introduced the 5+ Club. It certainly kept me sticking with the dealer network, so I don't really understand Toyota's logic behind scrapping it.

Looking at some online quotes from local independents, I’m not sure I’d save much once the cost of the HHC is factored in. Once the Battery goes out of warranty, it’ll be a different story.

Thanks for the info Auris Hybrid Owner. Admittedly, I'd still rather have discounted servicing, than full price with a year's extra warranty bunged on, but hey, it might appeal to some owners.

5 hours ago, rushy45 said:

The service charges are getting silly, the standard charge seems to be £190 inter, £340 full, Johnson’s Toyota have trumped this, 225 &. 375. The only thing you actually get extra in the full is a air filter and more checks,  brake fluid change is marked as extra, mot full price even done with service, that’s £425 for mot and service + brake fluid whatever that costs. Bit much. They have also done away with essential care and 5+ Services. Think after all these years I will be looking for alternatives.

I agree, once the manufacturer warranty expires after the 5th year it might be a better option to service the car at local trusted independent or by yourself as diy.  It will all depend of personal circumstances of course and ability to do so. Toyota cars in general are well made and easy to maintain, plus they last for longer than any other cars. In my case I use my old Auris for work and travel sometimes excess of 1000 miles per week, do my own service with genuine parts as per the manual. The savings from not going to the dealer garages are huge, savings from fuel bill are good too, so far happy days. Hybrid Battery health check it’s not really necessary if no future claim is available since it’s only check, I carry this myself, plus cleaning the Battery cooling fan myself too.  Covered 110000 miles since the summer of 2018, got its 170k service yesterday, to date the car only needed regular service and few times brakes all around due to a rust when the car wasn’t much in use previously. , and wheel bearings because of the same reason and that’s all, anything else is original including the two batteries 12v and the 200v. 

67179217-10B9-42B3-97CE-F619C62A0414.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Auris Hybrid Owner said:

I phoned Toyota to book the Auris in for a service and they said the 5+ club is being replaced with Toyota relax. This gives the car a 1 year warranty after the service to to 10 years old.

Did they say when this was being introduced?  And what was the warranty about?

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Essential Care ended in 2019, and 5+ Club ended 1st May 2021. However, that isn't to say that Toyota won't be bringing out a replacement scheme.

Servicing costs aren't too different to other manufacturers.

Choice is yours.

You are quite correct there is new offer coming 1st June however details are under embargo until then, it is really quite something though!

Well searched out. Sounds pretty ground breaking. I don’t think that will be offering any discounts. More then likely worth taking up with my Prius now coming up to 5 year old end of September.  As I see it, I will probably looking for a more value for money service for the wife’s car, coming up 11+ year old. We both pensioners, and everything is going up at a higher percentage then our pensions have ie gas, electric, water, insurances, etc

That is Europe scheme, but as the UK has a different length new car warranty (5 years/100,000 miles as opposed to 3 years/100,000km) the Toyota GB scheme, if it is a version of Relax, may differ.

I recognised it as Euro, but I can’t see how/why it would be any difference other the switching 3 years for 5 years and changing km for miles.

13 minutes ago, Catlover said:

can’t see how/why it would be any difference other the switching 3 years for 5 years and changing km for miles.

So that's different then.

21 hours ago, Catlover said:

Did they say when this was being introduced?  And what was the warranty about?

He seemed to think it was active now and that it was because new cars are offering 3 warranties rather than 5.

Personally I rather have 20% especially on a major service. I'm annoyed they haven't contacted anyone who's join the club to let them know it's now ended.

I may switch to a local garage for servicing if the warranty isn't any good.

Service is at the end of next month so will find out more then.

According to Devon Aygo (who works for a Toyota dealer), the replacement scheme is embargoed til Tuesday. So why not wait two days until details are released.

See: 

The official Toyota release date is 1st June.

a few weeks ago i was advised that for every toyota service you have your manufacturers warranty is extended by a year, this kind of gets rid of the 2 for 1 extended warranty offer that is / was available 

the only difference is you wont have the breakdown cover.

Depends whether the Relax warranty also provides the free MOTs, MOT cover, 5 day car hire and hotel expenses cover. I would suspect not.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, rushy45 said:

This is the kind of "silly" price that we have been paying for Toyota service (250 euro for intermediate and 425 euro for full service) in Sweden for years! It does not include MOT since that has to be done separately for another 45 euros in a non dealer or garage associated company that only does MOT. If you have a hybrid car then you are truly tied to Toyota dealer garage and their service price. That was one of the reason why we chose a petrol driven Auris that was 4 years old. I have the choice to do the service myself or find a reasonable independent garage.

• Like 1