Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discovered today that my crankcase breather hose is cracked and I cant find an exact one for some reason. If anyone knows the part number and what issues can that cause because I already have a smoking one.

can it cause smoking?🤔

thanks.

20210529_141733.jpg

I would say guffer tape something as a temporary fix and wait for a reply from one of the guru's.

The smoke could Oil splattered on hot surface?

I think this might be the part number but best confirm it, message @Parts-King , he's very helpful.

image.thumb.png.c9e0c5041dd76f876998c7f54fbda61b.png

• Like 2
On 5/30/2021 at 4:14 AM, Mariosskoutaris said:

Discovered today that my crankcase breather hose is cracked and I cant find an exact one for some reason. If anyone knows the part number and what issues can that cause because I already have a smoking one.

can it cause smoking?🤔

thanks.

20210529_141733.jpg

Not sure if this helps, but for this I had the same issue, and ended up adding a catchcan to stop Oil going back into the intake by running a hose from the breather port to the new catchcan.

Keeps the intake cleaner and stops Oil residue building up

(Also the smoking/oil vapour is normal except you usually dont see it as it is directed back into the intake)

1 minute ago, Coal-Rolla said:

Not sure if this helps, but for this I had the same issue, and ended up adding a catchcan to stop oil going back into the intake by running a hose from the breather port to the new catchcan.

Keeps the intake cleaner and stops oil residue building up

Do you have a link or something because I don't know how to find a good one while reasonably cheap

Just nit picking....

That is not the crankcase breather hose as you know it, that's the crankcase equalisation pipe that supply ambient air pressure TO the crankcase as if not the negative pressure from the pcv circuit which is the true breather  would cause a huge vacuum and suchk all your Oil out of the engine and it would run like crap.

Hope that helps

58 minutes ago, Phil01 said:

Just nit picking....

That is not the crankcase breather hose as you know it, that's the crankcase equalisation pipe that supply ambient air pressure TO the crankcase as if not the negative pressure from the pcv circuit which is the true breather  would cause a huge vacuum and suchk all your oil out of the engine and it would run like crap.

Hope that helps

So, if I read that correctly it is not something important right?