Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis D4D 2200cm3 150hp EGR

The-ghost

people say that after cleaning the EGR the motor will not start, should I take any special care, is it the connector, or should I disconnect the Battery a couple of hours before attempting to clean it ?

I attempted to search this forum for EGR, it returns 0 results, so I went all to page 15, found some information but not this information

thanks

I have cleaned my EGR on my 2.0 d4d 126 hp without problem. I did not disconnect the Battery. I just went straight ahead to do it when the engine was cold. But i do recommend to disconnect it. There is a connecter and some bolts on the EGR valve that needs to be disconnected after taking it out. When putting everything back together and trying to start it. The car will give you some warning ligths, but i just disconnected the Battery and connected it again and the ligths were gone.

My car did start after cleaning the EGR valve.

2 hours ago, The-ghost said:

people say that after cleaning the EGR the motor will not start, should I take any special care, is it the connector, or should I disconnect the battery a couple of hours before attempting to clean it ?

I attempted to search this forum for EGR, it returns 0 results, so I went all to page 15, found some information but not this information

thanks

I have cleaned the EGR valve on my 2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D4D many times. I never had any issues with starting the car after the clean.

yes, you need to disconnect the electrical connector to the egr and few bolts to take the unit out. But its a straightforward process. I use the carburretor cleaner and it has cleaned the unit well.

I do the same

2 hours ago, Nebu said:

I have cleaned the EGR valve on my 2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D4D many times. I never had any issues with starting the car after the clean.

yes, you need to disconnect the electrical connector to the egr and few bolts to take the unit out. But its a straightforward process. I use the carburretor cleaner and it has cleaned the unit well.